2.7 petrol Surf info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.7 petrol Surf info

I might be in the market for a 2.7 petrol Surf and have been reading the ad by BlacknWhitey currently in the For Sale section.
    Can 2.7 owners look at the pic of the range gear lever in the interior shots. It only seems to have 3 positions - H, N and L?
    Is this normal for a 2.7? Are they 4WD with diff locks?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
    I might be in the market for a 2.7 petrol Surf and have been reading the ad by BlacknWhitey currently in the For Sale section.
    Can 2.7 owners look at the pic of the range gear lever in the interior shots. It only seems to have 3 positions - H, N and L?
    Is this normal for a 2.7? Are they 4WD with diff locks?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Yes thats the early type transfer case in the photo, the same as a 2nd gen's.

I have two 2.7s, a 1996 and a 2001.
    The '96 has the early type T/case and the '01 has the multi-mode T/case with centre diff.

The easiest way to tell what T/case a 3rd gen has from for-sale photos, is to look at the position of the T/case lever. If it's pulled back towards the seats, it's the early type (3 position)
    If the lever is pushed forwards towards the dash, it's the later type (multi-mode)

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
      If I get one, I would like it to be the later type so we can use it if necessary on hard surfaces. We have to reverse a horsebox uphill on tarmac sometimes and it is handy to have the front wheels driving as well.
      Mark

Comment

Worth getting the right one then bro, while the old 'council edition' ones work well enough and are reliable the multi mode ones make more sense. I hav ethe former but as we don't get any snow up here it's never really needed.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
        X