Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Cap

Hi

I have been noticing that there is a hissing coming from the radiator cap when I've been driving for around 30mins.

The truck radiator is burning hot. Is that right?

Thanks

Graham

Originally posted by Gwkey84 View Post
    Hi

I have been noticing that there is a hissing coming from the radiator cap when I've been driving for around 30mins.

The truck radiator is burning hot. Is that right?

Thanks

Graham
    No. Replace the cap.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Check the rubber on the cap isn't hard or split, and the bit it sits on is clean. Wouldn't hurt to just buy a new cap anyway.

Edit, as above... lol, I type to slow..

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks

Should it be just a standard radiator cap the one I have seems yo push in like some sort of pressure release.

Thanks

Graham

Comment

You mean the spring under the cap? That IS a normal rad cap. That how it releases coolant to the expansion tank.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Does it have jap(anese) writing on it? Mine did, and I beleive it was as old as the truck. Your local motor factors will have one, or can get one the next day...
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Some caps, I'm not sure where from or why, have a wee button in the centre of them; I think I've seen maybe 3 in my lifetime! Just replace it with a standard 0.9 bar cap.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                Does it have jap(anese) writing on it? Mine did, and I beleive it was as old as the truck. Your local motor factors will have one, or can get one the next day...
                Yes it does have jap writing on it.

I thought if it didn't have the spring release and was just a sealed cap then the coolant would just be controlled by the expansion chamber (level would go up and down)

it sounds like I do need a new cap.

Thanks

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Some caps, I'm not sure where from or why, have a wee button in the centre of them; I think I've seen maybe 3 in my lifetime! Just replace it with a standard 0.9 bar cap.
                  stant racing caps have a wee button - you can push it in and release the pressure on a hot engine without getting 3rd degree burns.

think mine ran at 24psi

Comment

Any update on this?

Sounds a bit like the thermostat may not be opening.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                    X