X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Consumption

Hi All

I drive a 1991 petrol V6.

I fill the tank and currently get 220Kilometers per tank.

Is this right?

Thanks

Graham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch, I hope not. I get way more than that from my 4.0 grand cherokee!

I haven't driven my surf yet, so can't comment on that!

Comment

That wants to be miles, even for the V6!!!

I used to get 200-220miles round town, 250-280 on long trips depending on right foot with a 93' UK V6 4Runner.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Fit a Lexus V8, extra 100bhp and still save money!

Comment

Is the lexus v8 a fairly straight swap over?

Comment

Yep, really simple.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

So, if i can't get my 4wd system working right, at least I can have fun with power and rwd?!

Comment

Any suggestions on what I can do to increase the MPG, I know its a big truck and don't expect much but if it was 220 miles I would be happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwkey84 View Post
                  Any suggestions on what I can do to increase the MPG, I know its a big truck and don't expect much but if it was 220 miles I would be happy with that.

Been told ripping out all the air con gives better mpg and little bit more power, not done it to mine so can't confirm this.

Don't know what my MPG is only had it a week lol

Comment

rippin g the air con out won't really increase mpg.If you use the aircon that will use more fuel so i've been told.
                    Removing the air con will reduce a bit of weight but if you got a 3.0 then it will improve airflow to the rad.

I would give the truck ###### good service and fill the new fuel filter with redex or atf and take the truck for a long hard drive to clean the fuel system through
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I take it you're sure the odo IS reading in Km's?

If the speedo goes up to 160 then it is reading in miles and the speedo has been converted electrically, if it goes up to 90 or 100 then the just the speedo face has been changed and the odo reads in Km's still.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Speedo and all readings are definitely Kilometers.

Comment

As Stormy said a damn good service is needed:

Oil, plugs, filters (air, oil and fuel), injector cleaner, distributor cap and rotor arm. I'm going to be taking the inlet manifold off mine for a clean soon as I believe the EGR make them rather cruddy and restricted. I need to do the cam cover gaskets anyway. I only changed the oil on ours a couple of months ago but I'll be doing it again as the stuff that came out looked like it had just been in there since the factory that and the plugs took an hour to get out due to being seized with rust.

We get about 22mpg out of ours on a steady motorway run now (between 70 & 80 mph) went up to Cov over the weekend and used just over half a tank to 150 miles. With more frugal driving I reckon I could have got there and back on a tank.

Comment

Not sure about the 3ltr V6, but I get on average 490km a tank on my 3.4 V6 1996. That's including sitting in traffic some mornings.
                            Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get some info on doing a service or a manual.

I know if I take it to a garage i'll be charged a bomb for what will need done.

Thanks

Graham

Comment

Working...
                              X