2.7 v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.7 v6

Hello everyone. I currently have a 2.4 td surf but am sick of everheating probs etc. I want to chabge my car for something less problematic. I was considering an estima 4wd but wife wants something that can tow two horses and horse trailer, don,t think an estima would do this. I have seen however a 97 2.7 v6 in same dealers. After my problems with the surf I'm reluctant to buy another. Does the petrol version suffer same problems as the 2.4 with dodgy heads etc. Otherwise it may be a Pajero (sorry guys but needs must). Cheers
    Wayne

Originally posted by wdavie
    Hello everyone. I currently have a 2.4 td surf but am sick of everheating probs etc. I want to chabge my car for something less problematic. I was considering an estima 4wd but wife wants something that can tow two horses and horse trailer, don,t think an estima would do this. I have seen however a 97 2.7 v6 in same dealers. After my problems with the surf I'm reluctant to buy another. Does the petrol version suffer same problems as the 2.4 with dodgy heads etc. Otherwise it may be a Pajero (sorry guys but needs must). Cheers
    Wayne
    No it doesn't, neither does the 3.0 Diesel.

Go on, get the newer Surf. The Pajero will probably give you as many problems as the 2.4 Surf anyway. Only problem with the Petrol Surf is the Fuel economy. Go for a 3.0 Diesel and you will get better economy than the 2.4 and one hell of an engine.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      No it doesn't, neither does the 3.0 Diesel.

Go on, get the newer Surf. The Pajero will probably give you as many problems as the 2.4 Surf anyway. Only problem with the Petrol Surf is the Fuel economy. Go for a 3.0 Diesel and you will get better economy than the 2.4 and one hell of an engine.

Cheers
      I totally agree with Andy - the V6 is great but very thristy - the 3.0TD pulls well and will relieve you of any head worries

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Wayne
        I might be wrong on this but did not think that they made a 2.7 V6, the only one that I know of is a 4cyl twin overhead cam 16 valve.

Comment

Garage definately advertising it as a 2.7 v6, will have to check this out. It's a 97 version with the 'proper tailgate' don't know if that makes a difference.
          Wayne

Comment

Garage definately advertising it as a 2.7 v6, will have to check this out. It's a 97 version with the 'proper tailgate' don't know if that makes a difference.
            Wayne
            Yep that will be the 4 Cylinder I think.

Early V6 is 3.0, later one is 3.4

Cheers

Comment

Correct
              3.0 V6 was in 2nd gens
              3.4 V6 was in 3rd gens
              2.7 is definitely a 4 pot.
              Last edited by Rob; 14 July 2004, 20:54.

Comment

Yeah it is definately a 4 cylinder. Went to garage and asked him to show me the six cylinders he was advertising. Seemed upset that someone had nicked two of the cylinders from his engine when he wasn't looking. Anyway though is the 2.7 four cylinder engine any good as otherwise it does look a nice truck.
                Wayne

Comment

2.7 V6

As siad previously I am not aware of a 2.7 V6.

I run a 1996 2.7 4-cyl and have done so since Feb this year.

Apart from a recent starter motor problem it runs like a dream.

I am getting about 24 mpg either on a run, as it will shift!, or about town.

Have not run any of the deisel versions so I can't compare it to anything else.

Of course if you think its thirsty then go GAS and get half price economy.

Comment

Working...
                  X