yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missfire/backfire and petrol smell/smoke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missfire/backfire and petrol smell/smoke!

So guys, on thursday I noticed that I was running a bit rough (on petrol and LPG) so saturday morning checked all the usual culprits (Distributor, HT leads and change the spark plugs) however it was still running rough and "popping" all the time. I then looked in the engine (it was warm now but turned off) and there is a hissing sound coming from below the throttle body and a smell of petrol.
    Started the car back up and there was white smoke coming from the same area so my un educated guess it that I have a fuel leak. I think its the injectors or atleast that is a good place to start I think (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG)
    My questions are:
    Is it hard to take apart or at least get to the fuel rail below the throttle body?
    Should I take it out or just tighten it back up?
    And most importantly is this something I can easily do myself or should I send it off to TonyN (by send it off I mean drive it carefully down there!!! is that going to be a problem? i.e. driving it)

Why do things always happen at the worst times, about 2 years ago just before my first child was born my surf had loads of issues, and then I have 2 perfect years trouble free and the just as No. 2 baby is due it all goes wrong again!!!!

Hi mate, the intake comes off pretty easy,its just there are lots of vacuum hoses to keep an eye on and all you LPG stuff to get out the way.

Yoo'll be able to see the left hand side stuff with just the top half of the intake removed, but other side need the lower half removed to.

It does sound like an o-ring on the injectors or rails somewhere.

You can see the two rails in this pic, it plugs onto the injectors, check the unions each end and then all the o-rings and injectors.

I'd get the motor to this -ish state, then jump the fuel pump connections and see if you can see any leaks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/firephoto/4455439469/
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply
      Getting my engine to that state on the street outside the house might be a bit tricky!!
      you busy at the moment Tony? (please say no!!!)

Comment

LOL, I am, but can always make time for your truck, we go back a long way...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!
          I will give you a call in a bit.
          Thanks

Comment

Just what you need...

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
            X