supercharger???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supercharger???

Hi guys, is there a superchager kit for the 3.0 V6 model?

if not are there any other mods that are worth while on the V6??

Regards

Giuseppe

Originally posted by 4runner.1985 View Post

Regards

Giuseppe
    TRD make one, but it'll cost more than your truck is worth..

Comment

nice one, I think a very long winded eBay search is on the cards then, HAHA

Comment

TRD did make one but I have not seen one for sale anywhere for a few years now, there are still some around for the 3.4 3rd gen.

apart from that, some people have tried turbo charging the v6 but that tends to end up with the engine going pop!

If you want to spend a lot of money then put the lexus 4ltr v8 in. If you want to spend less but still have your kicks then you could put a supra straight 6 engine in. Andy (cant think of his log on name) was going to do this but his job has got in the way so he has a truck all cut to fit the engine and the engine and gear box all ready to fit into the truck, I am sure if you fancy building that then give him a call or send him an email and he would be happy to sell you his bits.

Comment

I wonna keep it V6 if possible, but maybe a strip, polish, skin and rebuild of the engine maybe a good idea thou. not really a turbo person unless its the diesel version.

YES I KNOW, IM FUSSY!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4runner.1985 View Post

Regards

Giuseppe
            look around on the US ebay there up and around and also check out yotatech.com ive seen them up for about $800 or £550, plus shipping
            NAS Spec: 95 Defender SW gone but missed

Comment

Whilst I'm logged in: There was one at some point and there certainly is a TRD one for the 3.4. Someone makes one for the 2.7 too.

I went through all this with my V6 and there's not a lot you can do to make it go quicker if you've got the auto as the box is a bit of a heap of shit and the engine is pretty weak. I got a custom exhaust, which helped a bit and you can buy headers in from Oz that would help too, but it's never going to be quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                Whilst I'm logged in: There was one at some point and there certainly is a TRD one for the 3.4. Someone makes one for the 2.7 too.

I went through all this with my V6 and there's not a lot you can do to make it go quicker if you've got the auto as the box is a bit of a heap of shit and the engine is pretty weak. I got a custom exhaust, which helped a bit and you can buy headers in from Oz that would help too, but it's never going to be quick.
                they made a 2nd gen supercharger and those tend to be cheaper. ive not heard of one for the 2.7
                NAS Spec: 95 Defender SW gone but missed

Comment

Originally posted by 97T4R View Post
                  they made a 2nd gen supercharger and those tend to be cheaper. ive not heard of one for the 2.7
                  Isn't this it?

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/files/2RZ-3RZ-SC.PDF

Comment

Always thought the heads / head gaskets on the V6 weren't super strong. Forced induction would exacerbate that so you'd possibly need to work them too.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      and the engine is pretty weak
                      Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Always thought the heads / head gaskets on the V6 weren't super strong. Forced induction would exacerbate that so you'd possibly need to work them too.
                      THIS is why I don't post here anymore. Must I be surrounded by idiots?

The HGs on the 2nd gen V6 are not a strong point. They went and were replaced on mine. I think Stein killed the replacements too. Terrible engine. I've got a 2.3 in my Mazda runabout that develops 209bhp and 210lb ft compared to 150 hp and 180lb ft on the surf. And the Mazda does over 30mpg, compared to the surf's 18. Not so shit hot off road though.....

Comment

Had my HG’s done Feb 07. Probably done no more than 15K since and the last tune up showed signs of combustion gases in the coolant. MOT is up this Saturday but will have to wait till my collar bone mends. The Surf has been good and relatively cheap motoring but I feel the time has come for a change. I want a Land Cruiser next
                        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                        X