Bad News for the surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News for the surf

Its been a hard choice to make after so much effort but ive decided not to continue with my surf 1jzgt project. The motor is in, box is all in and sorted just needs wiring up and mounts plus prop. Thing is my new job now takes up so much of my time and energy i just havnt got it in me to do the hours it needs. Work had a really nice Lincoln Navigator come in and i got it at a good price so i now have a vehicle which means i will put up some adds for the bits soon for those of you that need 3.0 v6 ssrg bits plus 1jzgt bits.

Id just like to thank everyone on this forum who has assisted me and i must say its one of the best forums i know of, keep up the good work everyone.

I will keep in touch though even though i now own a yank tank lol and hopefully next month when i move into the new house with a garage i can start some work on my lambo - will post links to pics if anyones interested.

Regards Andy
    Last edited by Diablo Turbo; 22 August 2009, 00:36.

Keep in touch, pics of the projects would be good!

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Andy,
      Thats a shame. Are you still doing the LPG?
      I blew the head gasket a few weeks ago hense not contacting you as I was just about to about getting it reprogrammed.
      Are you planning on selling all the bits seperately or all together?

Cheers
      Chris

Comment

My surf is a dark metalic red ssrg in good nick, its a shame to waist such a good body but i doubt anyone will want the shell so to speak. The surf has the wide five spoke Izuzu wheels on it, tow bar, spare wheel rack with stainless cover, fish net recarro seats ect ect, the conversion is reversable i guess as the v6 loom hasnt been cut or removed yet and the 1jz is just sitting in the engine bay ready for the mounts. Im open to offers really and i will see how it goes, whats left will get run in for scrap.

What are you doing about your truck?

Regards Andy

Comment

I am seeing what the damage to mine is and then taking it from there, first choice at the moment (as I seem to be spending too much) is just get mine fixed (did you ever use that kit you got from america to redo the pistons etc?) if its trashed I might take you up on your car!

Have you hooked the lpg up to the supra engine?

oh and does it have any turbos?

Oh and finally the straight 6 is longer than the v6 did you get in ok or does the radiator need moving?

My surf is being checked over next week and i might them give you a call.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X