3.0 or 3.4 V6 contact kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 or 3.4 V6 contact kits?

Does anyone sell contact kits for V6 starter motors? Or can you fit the Roughtrax kits to V6s?
    1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Originally posted by Nicely View Post
    Does anyone sell contact kits for V6 starter motors? Or can you fit the Roughtrax kits to V6s?
    If you call Roughtrax, they can normally get hold of the bits you need. Give them a try.

Comment

I can give them a try, but the last time I spoke to them about engine service parts for VZN185s, Barry was quite dismissive that they didn't buy any (even though they are essentially the same as the Landcruiser Prado).
      1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

not exactly sure what would be in a starter repair kit, but if you can identify the parts on here, take the numbers direct to toyota and see what they say http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199....html?hl=28143
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Thanks for the link, mate

Starter kit, battery terminal
          28226‑64200
          Fits VZN18*, RZN18*

Starter kit, motor terminal
          28226‑74070
          Fits VZN18*, RZN18*

Plunger, magnetic switch
          28235‑55050
          Fits VZN18*, RZN18*
          1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

I've got a garage removing the starter for me, as it was going to be impossible for me to do it.

They are slightly reluctant to fit the contact kit as they've spoken to the place that usually refurbs starters and they've said that it won't start once the kit's fitted. But then, they want the business, don't they?

Is it just a simple case of taking the end off and fitting the new bits? Have people had problems after fitting a kit?
            1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

The auto sparks are talking boll0cks. It'll work fine, provided those are the actual cause of the problem you have. Apache & M35A2 both did an excellent write-up on replacing the starter contacts. Do a search for the threads.
              Last edited by MattF; 26 September 2009, 12:22.

Comment

Yeah, after taking the cover off the motor, they found that what I told them was correct...
                1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

sorry, I missed your thread earlier, Its really easy to do if you read this first!

http://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech/...imrockford.htm

http://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech/...imrockford.htm

I know its annoying but if you had done a search you would have found all this,

you aint the first person!!!

Comment

Try ebay I got some for my LC Colorado off there £14 you will need the starter number if its ND I am sure you will find them. Cheaper than Toyota too.
                    Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Working...
                    X