Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to look out for when buying

Hi guys

Next year I am taking a surf to Mongolia. We are gonna be doing about 8000 miles in 3 weeks.

I am looking at buying a 3.0 surf and really need to know the common faults to look for. Can anyone help me out by listing to faults?

Also I would like to check for any head problems. Any tips?

cheers

Edit: just noticed i posted this in the petrol section.. could someone please move to 3.0 diesel section. thanks
    93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel
    My Mongol Charity Rally rig, 8000 miles of corrupt cops, bandits with guns, mountains, deserts and all for charity!

Re

There are many, many answered questions like this one mate, use the "Search" link!

I would also get a big ###### cushion if I were you!

8,000 miles in 21 days!

380 miles a day!

Dang, your arse will be glowing in the dark!

Comment

sit on my backside everyday anyway LOL

my eyes will be like golf balls more like.. co driver will help out.
      93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel
      My Mongol Charity Rally rig, 8000 miles of corrupt cops, bandits with guns, mountains, deserts and all for charity!

Comment

Hi
        i've been thinking about driving to india, via russia as my girlfriend is from moscow! and down into china to norht india,

2 things stoping me 1 its a f**king long way
        and 2'nd i got a v6 surf, would prefer a diesel just because i understand them more if thay go wrong, dont think my AA cover covers me in the outback of china lol

Good luck with ur trip

Comment

I drove to west of northumberland before from london and then to newcastle and back to the west and I didnt really feel tired from the surf being so comfy. i get fidgity in the clio after an hour or so.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by kevholt View Post
            Hi
            i've been thinking about driving to india, via russia as my girlfriend is from moscow! and down into china to norht india,

2 things stoping me 1 its a f**king long way
            and 2'nd i got a v6 surf, would prefer a diesel just because i understand them more if thay go wrong, dont think my AA cover covers me in the outback of china lol

Good luck with ur trip
            That sounds a nice trip! I would love to do china (wife is chinese) but I am not allowed to drive in china as I dont hold a chinese drivers licence. They wont let foreigners drive there. Not suprised as its very hectic.

London to Tokyo sounds cool though if you get the chance.
            93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel

Comment

Oh did'nt no about the driving licence, glad i found that out befor i frove all the way there! lol. Am going to india (again) for the winter so it was just a idea off seeing what u miss when u fly

Comment

Working...
              X