Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPG! Is it the way forward?

Hi

I'm new here, well Im new to forums in general and I think this is the single most useful website known to m..........e!!

I have a 3.0L V6, with a Prinz LPG Multipoint injection system (thats all i really know about it).

I have been getting allot of noise from the solenoids/injectors/filters whatever they are ( i keep getting contradicting information as to how it works).(picture below).

The noise stops when i run it on petrol.

Is this noise normal?

Also I'm getting 150M to 60L of LPG. is this normal, as the guy i bought it from, (who seemed so genuine)(but i suppose you would if your getting paid depended on it), said that it should do 240M to 60L.

Is this normal?

Also my fuel gauge (LPG) only works when it feels like it, sometimes its fine, other times it just show empty all the time. I tend to go of the odo, but its really frustrating when something that should work doesn't.

Can anybody ease my pain? as i really really LOVE this beast of a motor, and don't want to be institutionalized through it!
    Attached Files
    If you pretend it goes fast... it will!!

Take it to an LPGA certified garage for a service.

Comment

Hi and welcome, your MPG o LPG seems way too low, as said take it to a registered garage and get it serviced, and as for the tittle, it's may be the way forward for now, but once the majority of the people are useing it, the government will triple the tax on it.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

yeh, i was thinking that. but its also cleaner, so u should get a bit of satisfaction that your saving the planet.

well, at least it balances out the damage we do off road, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRunner View Post
          yeh, i was thinking that. but its also cleaner, so u should get a bit of satisfaction that your saving the planet.

well, at least it balances out the damage we do off road, lol.
          Please explain what damage to the planet is caused by ruts.
          You sure your not an agent for Ken Livingstone
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            Please explain what damage to the planet is caused by ruts.
            You sure your not an agent for Ken Livingstone
            Aye, I'm not aware of doing any "damage" whilst offroad.

Oh, and LPG is still not as green as veg oil, as it's petroleum based, with all the planet damaging stuff that goes along with it's production and use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquefied_petroleum_gas
            Last edited by plumb bob; 23 March 2008, 09:03.
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post

Oh, and LPG is still not as green as veg oil, as it's petroleum based, with all the planet damaging stuff that goes along with it's production and use.

LPG emisions are far less than Veg oil.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Can a diesel engine be converted to run on lpg? i was always told it was not a good idea to do this but i can't remember why.
                http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                  Can a diesel engine be converted to run on lpg? i was always told it was not a good idea to do this but i can't remember why.
                  I can't run 100% on lpg like a petrol motor, it'll blow itself to bits. You fit a propane assist kit, which replaces 10-20% of the deisel fuel load with LPG, so you use less derv, replacing it with cheaper LPG. but because of this it take longer to recoup to fitting costs.

Plus side it its like a perminant mini Nos shot to diesels but on manual trucks, you lose most of the engine braking so use more brake pads.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post

Al-right i think i hit a soft spot there.

think perhaps its just my novice off roading then.

point conceeded on the veggie oil, the stuff is supposed to really stink tho is it not?

though so does LPG.

Comment

No worries,

the smell?? YES they both smell, I don't know which is worse.
                      Rob

Comment

Working...
                      X