Power Steering Judder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering Judder

I've read a good few of the threads concerning this but can't quite seem to pinpoint the correct answer or set of descriptions that makes me confident.
    Anyway.
    When I sit with the Surf idling, if I turn the wheel, the PAS feels juddery, it will go to full lock ok, and when I move off it's fine at any point in the turning arc, but when at junctions or reversing into a parking space for example, it judders. Again, no problems when moving, especially when foot's on the gas.

Am I correct in surmising that the PAS belt might need changing/tightening?

Originally posted by Jezreel
    I've read a good few of the threads concerning this but can't quite seem to pinpoint the correct answer or set of descriptions that makes me confident.
    Anyway.
    When I sit with the Surf idling, if I turn the wheel, the PAS feels juddery, it will go to full lock ok, and when I move off it's fine at any point in the turning arc, but when at junctions or reversing into a parking space for example, it judders. Again, no problems when moving, especially when foot's on the gas.

Am I correct in surmising that the PAS belt might need changing/tightening?
    Loose power steering belt mate, at speed belt stretches out and doesnt skip, so just tighten or replace it buddy
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Excellent. It's had all 4(?) belts replaced before I had it, so I guess it's a case of tighten (if they did it right)

Many Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezreel
        Excellent. It's had all 4(?) belts replaced before I had it, so I guess it's a case of tighten (if they did it right)

Many Thanks.
        Yeah they may not have torqued them up enough or belt has stretched a little.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
        X