Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help 4WD on 2.7L Surf

Hi,

I just owned 3rd gen. 1997 hilux surf petrol engine 2.7L engine but when I press/shift 4WD button/gear and drive the indicator does not appear on the dash board
    I wanted to know whether 4wd is working or not

Thanks

Benny
    Last edited by BENNY; 6 February 2007, 14:11.

Originally posted by BENNY
    Hi,

I just owned 3rd gen. 1997 hilux surf petrol engine 2.7L engine but when I press/shift 4WD button/gear and drive the indicator does not appear on the dash board

Thanks

Benny
    try going to/fro a couple of times to see if it engages
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      WHAT?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Go to a nice gravel car park and spin the wheels, if the floorpan under the drivers seat gets hammered by little stones it's in 4wd, if it's just the rear bumper that get's a stoning it's in 2wd
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          cornwall/english dictonary states : this means backwards and forwards.

(in 4wd obviously) and if your on a loose surface that helps
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
            cornwall/english dictonary states : this means backwards and forwards.

(in 4wd obviously) and if your on a loose surface that helps

yea but if he's got the hairmobile then it don't matter cause he can go in 4wd on the road and do what hairdressers do...
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi,

Thanks

Benny
              Benny
              U should be able to hear the 4wd engaging in the transfer box, get someone else to do it whilst u listen, sort of a clunk as it goes in. Could just be the indicator bulb on the dash is out?
              Or, as others suggest, floor it in 4wd on some loose stuff and watch for the dirt up the front end.
              Go out and play in the snow...should be some around in the next few days

Scuddy
              ------------------------------------
              Look out! Ee

Comment

or get someone to drive the truck whilst you crouch next to it and look under it to check whether or not the front prop is going round when it moves
                Landcruiser Colorado
                Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                  or get someone to drive the truck whilst you crouch next to it and look under it to check whether or not the front prop is going round when it moves
                  Hey Andy
                  Hows it going
                  Know anyone in the North east with a decent 3rd gen for sale. Mine's on a life support machine after tanngling with a telegraph post last Thursday in the ice. Just anticipating the nice insurance man will kiss her good-bye (still I would hope to buy back just for the parts and bits I've put on)

cheers
                  Scuddy
                  Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy
                    Benny
                    U should be able to hear the 4wd engaging in the transfer box, get someone else to do it whilst u listen, sort of a clunk as it goes in. Could just be the indicator bulb on the dash is out?
                    Or, as others suggest, floor it in 4wd on some loose stuff and watch for the dirt up the front end.
                    Go out and play in the snow...should be some around in the next few days

Scuddy
                    Hi

Just came to realize that my 4WD control is missing pls Scuddy do you know the Part numbers I know you owned 3RZ Surf .

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Just came to realize that my 4WD control is missing pls Scuddy do you know the Part numbers I know you owned 3RZ Surf .

Thanks
                      Benny

do you mean the electronic switch control under the button on the 4wd selector stick that is missing? Sorry m8 no idea of part no's for that, should be standard on any 3rd gen surf though regardless of if you have a petrol or diesel.

If you cant locate a 3rd gen in a s$$$$pers then get the chassis and engine no. off the vehicle and go to the toyota stealership they have CDs of ALL toyota models and should be able to source for you.. The one I use in Aberdeen got me chassis, electronic and body parts when I totalled mine in Feb of this year.

If you can't find out, send me a photo of what you believe to be missing and I've a Toyota Surf repair manaul on CD for the 3RZE that might deal with 4wd problems

Good luck
                      Scuddy
                      Look out! Ee

Comment

Thanks

What is missing control box located at the passenger side inside the lower left cover where the left leg rests. I just got loose connector without control.

To prove if it has all connection I checked with audible meter and I FOUND THAT IT HAS connected with both solenoids and 4WD switch.

Thanks Scuddy

lower
                        Originally posted by Scuddy
                        Benny

do you mean the electronic switch control under the button on the 4wd selector stick that is missing? Sorry m8 no idea of part no's for that, should be standard on any 3rd gen surf though regardless of if you have a petrol or diesel.

If you cant locate a 3rd gen in a s$$$$pers then get the chassis and engine no. off the vehicle and go to the toyota stealership they have CDs of ALL toyota models and should be able to source for you.. The one I use in Aberdeen got me chassis, electronic and body parts when I totalled mine in Feb of this year.

If you can't find out, send me a photo of what you believe to be missing and I've a Toyota Surf repair manaul on CD for the 3RZE that might deal with 4wd problems

Good luck
                        Scuddy

Comment

Thanks

What is missing control box located at the passenger side inside the lower left cover where the left leg rests. I just got loose connector without control.

To prove if it has all connection I checked with audible meter and I FOUND THAT IT HAS connected with both solenoids and 4WD switch.

Thanks Scuddy

lower
                          Im wondering if 3gene would share the same control with 2nd gene Surfs

Thx
                          Last edited by BENNY; 27 September 2007, 07:33.

Comment

You might want to try phoning tonyn at 4x4toys.co.uk in working hours as he will tell you. Eplain what you have said in your last post about control missing.
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                              You might want to try phoning tonyn at 4x4toys.co.uk in working hours as he will tell you. Eplain what you have said in your last post about control missing.
                              Its different to 2nd gen ones (unless you have a rare 3rd gen without the multimode 4wd, then it might be the same but I don't know). But I don't have any anyway. Sorry.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X