water pump??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump??????

Hi can anyone confirm for me the location of the water pump on my v6 surf. I hope i am right in thinking it is the pully that is attached to the fan . If it is are they easy to replace as i think mine has just let go with a dieing scream.

This is for the 2LTE, but should give you a good rough guide.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/waterpump.htm

Comment

Thanks very much for the link , it came in very usefull. The only thing is the v6 is slightly different as the water pump is not behind the fan. I now know what i need and it is not a water pump. What i need is the plate that the viscous fan is attached to as this is what seems to have stuck solid. Do you know where i might get one from.

Thanks

Comment

Try www.milneroffroad.com or www.toyotahilux.com
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Ok i will try first thing monday morning as i am going on holiday for 2 weeks on monday afternoon.

Comment

Ok i hope this works , this is the part i need but can anyone tell me what is the long thing for that is sticking out of the left side in the first picture. I only ask as when i took the plate off a little pin poped out and will not go back in any ideas????.

Comment

Is this the bit you mean. Your pics are a bit out of focus.

The part you need is the Fan Bracket. Veeeeeerrrrrryyyy expensive from Toyota but there is a US mob who had an aftermarket one. No idea who at the moment but will try to find it.

Have a look here for info on the above pic.

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/v6tbelt/

Nev

Comment

Yes this looks like the part i mean but as far as i can tell it is ok, all i need to know is how to get the small shaft like thing to go back in so when i replace the brocken part it all goes back together. The part that is broken seems to be the bearing behind the fan.
                Thanks for your help. Iam going on holiday for 2 weeks so will try to sort it out when i get back.

Comment

Originally posted by mattys surf
                  all i need to know is how to get the small shaft like thing to go back in so when i replace the brocken part it all goes back together.
                  Did some checking and as far as I can see you undo the bolts, fit the bracket and then do the bolts back up to compress it. It's some sort of tensioner. Do you know what it applies tension too? Bolts are to be done a little at a time alternating between the two. If you try to do one at a time the tensioner will pivot and maybe jam. Hope this all makes sense.

Nev

Comment

Yes this makes perfect sense. I belive it is the tensioner for the timeing belt. Iwill have to try and squeeze my fat hands it to tighten it back up.
                    Thank you very much for your help. I will let you know how i get on when i get back off my hols.

Comment

Working...
                    X