Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuddy's RZN Pseeee post Fuel economy

Hi Scuddy

Hope you doing fine with your RZN, I remember you said that you will post fuel economy data .
    I want to have the same type and get rid of 2.4L Diesel.
    Pse Dont forget to comment about legroom because I have backpain caused by 2.4L

Cheers.

2.7RZN economy

Originally posted by BENNY
    Hi Scuddy

Hope you doing fine with your RZN, I remember you said that you will post fuel economy data .
    I want to have the same type and get rid of 2.4L Diesel.
    Pse Dont forget to comment about legroom because I have backpain caused by 2.4L

Cheers.
    Hi Benny

Luv the 2.7 but economy is not as great as my manual 2.4 used to be....

Maths
    55 litres gives 480km
    equates to 24.3mpg

Not brilliant but if you consider a 2.4 manual does 29 to the gallon, 1000 miles motoring in each:

2.4 diesel
    1000/29= 34.5 gallons or 153.5 litres
    @ 93.9 p a litre = £141.13

2.7 petrol
    1000/24.3 = 41.15 gallons or 183.1 litres
    @ 87.9p a litre = £160.95

So its £20 - 25 per 1000 miles more(depending on fuel price difference at yer local)
    but as I got the Surf about £800+ cheaper than a diesel in auction it'll still take about 30,000 miles to overtake in costs.

Plus 2.7 has great acceleration, is supremely quiet and smooth and doesn't have a timing belt...twin timing chains...so no worry on failure here.

Oh and the leg room is much more generous and the seats firmer than the 2.4 which was like driving around in an old armchair compared to the 3rd Gen seats.

I wouldn't go for a 2.7 petrol auto though... reckon you'd struggle to get 20 to the gallon from this!!

Scuddy
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

Comment

Thanks Scuddy,

To your experience do you think 3.0 KZTE with intercooler will give better fuel economy? or any body out there who has experience with this diesel machines.

Thanks

Benny
      Originally posted by Scuddy
      Hi Benny

Luv the 2.7 but economy is not as great as my manual 2.4 used to be....

Maths
      55 litres gives 480km
      equates to 24.3mpg

Not brilliant but if you consider a 2.4 manual does 29 to the gallon, 1000 miles motoring in each:

2.4 diesel
      1000/29= 34.5 gallons or 153.5 litres
      @ 93.9 p a litre = £141.13

2.7 petrol
      1000/24.3 = 41.15 gallons or 183.1 litres
      @ 87.9p a litre = £160.95

So its £20 - 25 per 1000 miles more(depending on fuel price difference at yer local)
      but as I got the Surf about £800+ cheaper than a diesel in auction it'll still take about 30,000 miles to overtake in costs.

Plus 2.7 has great acceleration, is supremely quiet and smooth and doesn't have a timing belt...twin timing chains...so no worry on failure here.

Oh and the leg room is much more generous and the seats firmer than the 2.4 which was like driving around in an old armchair compared to the 3rd Gen seats.

I wouldn't go for a 2.7 petrol auto though... reckon you'd struggle to get 20 to the gallon from this!!

Scuddy

Comment

Like everything Benny it depends on how you drive it.

I reckon a intercooled auto will still give the same sort of economy as a carefully driven petrol.

I've greased up, oil changed, new plugs, air filter, tweaked a bit and on a long run at 70-75mph can get up to 27+mpg now, or 520+km from a 55 litre tank. You'd do well to beat that in intercooled auto.

Scuddy
        ------------------------------------
        Look out! Ee

Comment

Thanks Scuddy,

Because I want Auto, and from the data you gave me and if I tune here and there hopefully will get 26mpg

Benny.

I reckon a intercooled auto will still give the same sort of economy as a carefully driven petrol.

I've greased up, oil changed, new plugs, air filter, tweaked a bit and on a long run at 70-75mph can get up to 27+mpg now, or 520+km from a 55 litre tank. You'd do well to beat that in intercooled auto.

Scuddy

Comment

Just to add more I reserched in about 4 surf websites and I came to realize those Guys in intercooled KZTEs are getting average btn 24mpg-town and 30mpg-h/way.
            So Scuddy with your figures (24-27) . you are sailing in same boat as KZTEs on top of that good acceleration and noise-free.

Thanks.

intercooled
            Thanks Scuddy,

Because I want Auto, and from the data you gave me and if I tune here and there hopefully will get 26mpg

Benny.

Comment

Scuddy
              You sure you're tank is 55lt?

Mine is 70lt but I've got a 3.0td. Just for comparison I usually get about 500-530km per tank on a longish run - mix of motorway, dual-carriageway and normal A-roads. This is when driven carefully-ish, I don't drive slow!
              Other times, when doing lots of town driving and short journeys I can get as little as 430Km per tank.

Essentially, on a reasonable cross-country run (120mi/200km) i get about 25/26mpg, on a very long gentle run (350mi/220km)I've had about 31 mpg. Stop-start and short town journeys get a lot less.
              Hope this helps,
              Rob
              Last edited by Rob; 27 November 2005, 02:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                You sure you're tank is 55lt?

Mine is 70lt but I've got a 3.0td. Just for comparison I usually get about 500-530km per tank on a longish run - mix of motorway, dual-carriageway and normal A-roads. This is when driven carefully-ish, I don't drive slow!
                Other times, when doing lots of town driving and short journeys I can get as little as 430Km per tank.

Essentially, on a reasonable cross-country run (120mi/200km) i get about 25/26mpg, on a very long gentle run (350mi/220km)I've had about 31 mpg. Stop-start and short town journeys get a lot less.
                Hope this helps,
                Rob
                Thanks,

According to your data 70Ltr/530Km and 430Km it is averagely 21mpg and 17mpg respectively. To me; you need to check here and there to improve your milage.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks,

According to your data 70Ltr/530Km and 430Km it is averagely 21mpg and 17mpg respectively. To me; you need to check here and there to improve your milage.

Thanks.

ooops - ive just done 14mpg this last tank.... loads of short cold trips round town and no runs
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks,

Thanks.
                    Well, forgot to mention, its more like 55-60 litres per tank full as there is always at least 10-15 litres left when the low fuel light stays on. Most I've ever managed to squeeze in the tank is 67.5lt.

Comment

Scuddy
                      Hi Scuddy

Please refer your economy in the above post. Is Your tank 70Ltrs or 55Ltrs. Bse accordsing to specs. 3rd gener. has 70Ltrs

Thanks.

Comment

As I've only had my smurf a little while - I did some rough calcs as follows.

From low fuel light coming on, filling to brim and runnig until fuel light came on again.

Normal driving is mainly motorway/some A + B roads/ no offorading or towing on this tank full

did 408 miles to a tankfull - if tank is 55ltrs this equals 7.41 miles per litre, which equals 33.01 mpg

car was serviced before i bought it (new filters & injector cleaner & new AT tyres inflated to 30 psi all round

well pleased

hawaii
                        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Thanks a lot , but 408 is it Miles or Kilometers as I know Japanese Surf are running in KMs or did convert into miles?[/B].

Thanks

Benny

what you are
                          Originally posted by Hawaii
                          As I've only had my smurf a little while - I did some rough calcs as follows.

From low fuel light coming on, filling to brim and runnig until fuel light came on again.

Normal driving is mainly motorway/some A + B roads/ no offorading or towing on this tank full

did 408 miles to a tankfull - if tank is 55ltrs this equals 7.41 miles per litre, which equals 33.01 mpg

car was serviced before i bought it (new filters & injector cleaner & new AT tyres inflated to 30 psi all round

well pleased

hawaii

Comment

mine's been converted to read in miles (also odometer changed to mules from km's - with certificate from both exporting auction house & importing agent)
                            Apparently there's some sort of electrical module they attach to the back of the circuit board

Little bit concerned as I thought my tank was 55ltrs but are all 3rd gen 70 ltrs - if so consumption works out at 26mpg - still quite happy

ta

hawaii
                            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
                              mine's been converted to read in miles (also odometer changed to mules from km's - with certificate from both exporting auction house & importing agent)
                              Apparently there's some sort of electrical module they attach to the back of the circuit board

Little bit concerned as I thought my tank was 55ltrs but are all 3rd gen 70 ltrs - if so consumption works out at 26mpg - still quite happy

ta

hawaii
                              Thanks for reply; I agree this is very good consumption

Comment

Working...
                              X