Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high idleing problem

G`Day
    Ive got a v6 4runner that has started idleing high (1000-1500 rpm) i have checked the vacumlines and all seems ok was wondering if anyone has any sugestions on what to try next already adjusted the idle screw screwed all the way in it idles on 1000 rpm car seems to run on normal revs once driving ie revs seem right for the speeds i do around the 2500 mark sitting on 100 kph

Originally posted by mick1
    G`Day
    Ive got a v6 4runner that has started idleing high (1000-1500 rpm) i have checked the vacumlines and all seems ok was wondering if anyone has any sugestions on what to try next already adjusted the idle screw screwed all the way in it idles on 1000 rpm car seems to run on normal revs once driving ie revs seem right for the speeds i do around the 2500 mark sitting on 100 kph
    Mine idles high when it is cold (anything up to 1500rpm) then settles down to around the 800 rpm mark - have you check the air filter to see whether it needs cleaning/changing??
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
      Mine idles high when it is cold (anything up to 1500rpm) then settles down to around the 800 rpm mark - have you check the air filter to see whether it needs cleaning/changing??
      I have checked all that have replaced a heap of parts thinking it may be the valley cover plate might have a hole in it

Comment

Working...
      X