Waterproofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterproofing

Can anyone tell me the best way to waterproof the electrics on a 93 3.0ltr v6 surf as i plan to go off road shortly and dont want to get stuck in the water.

The dizzy is pretty good, but will still suffer from condensation if you dunk it under water, the bottem half of a 2lt coke bottle is alway good to keep the water off.

But the air intake is lower than the dizzy, it collects air (and therefor water)from around the headlight, so this should be your biggest concern.

but you'll rarely be that deep, just keep the spashing down to a minimum, and if you in deep water for long, keep moving fast enough to create a small bow wave, this makes a depression behind it for the motor.

Petrol motors are never as good as a deisel for deep wading, just take plenty of WD40 to sprey over all the ignition if it gets to wet.

I used to have some spray on waxy stuff that we used to use on outboard motor plug leads, but haven't seen it in shops for a while.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Take a marigold glove and poke a tiny hole in each finger end. Push your HT leads through the fingers (and thumb) and plug em back into the distributor. Put the cuff of the glove over the distributor and put a big cable tie round it. Cable tie the ends of the fingers and you now have a water resistant dizzy. It works well on the Zook. I started typing this and realised you have a V6. Doh!
      All you need now is a seven fingered glove. I wonder if marigold sell their seconds?
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

you need the forest of dean special edition marigolds
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

So where do you get your six finger marigolds from?

Comment

Submarine

A tin of Hairspray substitutes well for the waxy stuff, spray distributor , electrics copiously. ( When Cold )

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
            X