Where is the IAT sensor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the IAT sensor ?

I know I shouldn't mess but I can't help it.
    I've spent £20 on Ebay buying a 'gadget' thats supposed to increase the BHP substantially.
    It turns out to be a 2p resistor mmmm! But I'm interested to see if it works.
    My Haynes manual is not much help, so does anyone know where the IAT (air intake) sensor is and what the wiring colour code is ?
    Many thanks
    Paul
    4Runner 3ltr V6

Originally posted by kelsres
    I've spent £20 on Ebay buying a 'gadget' thats supposed to increase the BHP substantially.
    My Haynes manual is not much help, so does anyone know where the IAT (air intake) sensor is and what the wiring colour code is ?
    Many thanks
    Paul
    4Runner 3ltr V6
    The air flow meter is on top of your air box
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by kelsres
      Many thanks
      Paul
      4Runner 3ltr V6
      I tried one of those from ebay and did notice a difference but only when i was booting it,the only thing was it ran rough on idle or just cruising cos the ecu was over fueling it all the time,cos it was being tricked into thinking it was running cooler than it actually was so it was adding more fuel.

Comment

Re: where is the IAT sensor

Thanks for your swift replies
        Where did you connect your resistor to ?
        All that I can find on top of the air box is a connector with umpteen wires coming from it !
        The only other wires around the air box are two coloured blue/black and brown/black. They go to a connection at the side of the air box with small bore tubes going back over the engine ?
        Many thanks
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X