Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fuel do you stick in yours?

Hi guys,
    With the soaring cost of petrol these days, I thought that I would try a few things. A mate said that he got better feul economy running shell optimax than running regular fuel.
    I am thinking of trying this but should i do anything first? i.e. i know if you have a scooby or equiv that if you run the car of normal fuel you have to reset the computer (i.e. discontect the battery for 5mins).
    All I was going to do is fill the tank with optimax and run till the red light comes on, then refill the tank and repeat to see what economy i get with the second tank, hopefully the first tank full would have cleared out any regular fuel.
    Currently with sainsbury regular i get 255miles (give or take about 5) for 60ltrs
    Anyone tried this or got any comment on my fuel economy. (diesel guys dont count unless you got more HP than me!!!)
    I was also going to try the same thing with sainsburys super which is currently cheaper than shell regular in woking.
    Cheers
    Last edited by truckarms; 17 December 2004, 13:19.

Definatly pull the EFI fuse for 10mins to reset the ECU, this will make the truck start from scratch with the o2 readings, and adjust the motor to suit.

Personally, I found these 'superfuels' made my Nova GTE run like $hite. but never tried it on the V6 4runner while I had it.

Remember they are more expensive, any extra MPG has to offset by how much more regular unleaded you get for the same money.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X