Where is the fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the fuel filter

Hi new to surfing and doing a full service prior to putting my new inport on the road - just a quick query - having now sourced the relevant filters where is the fuel filter situated on the 3.0 V6

To much to type out, just follow the link.........

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...6/fuel_filter/

enjoy.........
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers!! Good job i had the foresight to decide to change the filter prior to spraying waxoil all over the chassis etc !!!!!

One further question I appear to have a broken HT lead anyone know the part number or where I can get a compatable set from

Comment

Originally posted by cyclops1963
        cheers!! Good job i had the foresight to decide to change the filter prior to spraying waxoil all over the chassis etc !!!!!

One further question I appear to have a broken HT lead anyone know the part number or where I can get a compatable set from
        They are odd narrow leads, you may find its a Toyota only job, they'll be the same as a UK 4Runner. Have seen V6 leads on ebay, but don't know what they are like.

Comment

HT leads

After much agro with halfords have found that Bosch supply a copy part for the 4 runner HT leads and you can also get a set from blue print - however despite halfords giving a price on both and promising next day delivery !!!! they can now provide neither!!!! a local auto parts shop is currently trying to obtain the Blue print part as they are £61 per set as oppossed to nearly £90 from halfords will keep you updated as to best source as I don't want to pay Toyota's prices !! Especially as I have just been quoted £1100 plus VAT for a LPG conversion to get away from the dreaded 15 MPG on petrol !!

Comment

Originally posted by cyclops1963
            After much agro with halfords have found that Bosch supply a copy part for the 4 runner HT leads and you can also get a set from blue print - however despite halfords giving a price on both and promising next day delivery !!!! they can now provide neither!!!! a local auto parts shop is currently trying to obtain the Blue print part as they are £61 per set as oppossed to nearly £90 from halfords will keep you updated as to best source as I don't want to pay Toyota's prices !! Especially as I have just been quoted £1100 plus VAT for a LPG conversion to get away from the dreaded 15 MPG on petrol !!
            You can buy them singularly form toyota, I did this last year for the ex's 4Runner, after I found one with a dodgy end.

Comment

LPG Now Fitted

Just picked up Surf after having LPG Kit fitted and amazingly very little loss in power.

had a fantastic job done and would recommend anyone in the north east use DJ 4x4 Direct at Tanfield to have a kit fitted as the service is second to none, they also sell imports so if you fancy a new surf they can be contacted at sales@dj4x4direct.com or phone dave on 07932058370

Web site www.dj4x4direct.com

Comment

Working...
              X