Which Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Year?

This question has probably been asked before but with posts being deleted etc, it's simple to ask again.

I have been advised that the best engine to get is the earliest as I can, up to 1994 ish, but I can only find newer ones without having to travel too far, and pay too much! I've located a couple that are 1996 and 1997, so would these do?

TIA,

Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

It depends what you are looking for.

The earlier ones only have an advantage if you are going with forced induction, as they have stronger rods... if you don't plan to there isn't an advantage... the earliers revision also makes the least power "out the box"

The later they get the more advanced (or present) the immobiliser gets, but I had no issues getting my '99 to run.

If you want to use the Lexus gearbox with your transfer box, stick Pre VVTi, ('97 at the latest). Easily spotted as they look totally different.
    Last edited by Karma Supra; 19 March 2015, 15:46.
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Thanks for this Charlie. I'd seen this pic before but couldn't remember where! (It's an age thing ) I'm not going forced induction so I'll have a look at the two cars I've seen and take it from there
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
      X