v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v8

does anyone know how to make an adaptor plate or where I can get bellhousing for a rover v8 converstion. thanks

Not anymore. The suppliers who used to sell them have stopped due to lack of sales. I have not seen a new kit around for a year or so. Sometimes get used ones on Ebay.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

sometimes one email to those retailers can do some result, they might got one soiled, it wont do any harm if you got an address or email
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Thanks guys. Just one thing i have spoken to a company and they said they do the conversion but only for the pickup. Whats the difference between the surf box and pickup box if any. If they are the same or close to it i maybe have them build it and i will have to make it fit

Comment

Originally posted by jim mac View Post
          Thanks guys. Just one thing i have spoken to a company and they said they do the conversion but only for the pickup. Whats the difference between the surf box and pickup box if any. If they are the same or close to it i maybe have them build it and i will have to make it fit
          As far as I remember the Surf box is the same. TonyN used to do a few conversions but can not remember if he said the bell housing stud pattern is different from pick up.
          There was a US site that listed gearbox codes and which model of Toyota they all fitted. Google and it may come up. So if a 151 fits a pick up it may fit a Surf.

It maybe you will need to remove gearbox to separate the bell housing and do a cardboard template to send to adaption company to see if suitable. I remember Tiger Trucks (Rover V8 conversion company) used to say they could weld up and redrill a 4 speed bell housing to fit a 5 speed.
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

My 3L Surf has a R151 and the adapter should be ready Monday or Tuesday.

R151 and R154 have the same pattern. Just different length shafts.

Not sure if that helps other than confirming pick-ups can use the same as the Surf's...so a kit should be achievable if they do the pick-up one.

Comment

Sylux. Are you doing a conversion of some kind. If so what you doing. That info is great thanks dude

Comment

My V8 conversion is centred around an R151 transmission and an Audi S8 (4.2 V8 32V) engine.

I'm in talks with a machining / fabrication firm to make either an adapter plate to bolt the Audi engine to the R151, or an adapter plate to bolt an Audi 01E / 01A bell housing to the Toyota R151.

You've got to pay to play, these things cost dough, but worth the effort in producing a unique rig.

Comment

Working...
                X