4BT Cummins swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4BT Cummins swap?

Is there any info available for a 4BT swap? I would like more power out of my truck but can't find much info. I know it has been done in 4Runners in north America but I can't find a good walkthrough or anything. I want to stay diesel and there are no good diesel engines really available in North America that aren't massive other than the 4BT. My 2LT-E has been letting me down and I'm already thinking of selling the rig and buying something newer like normal people drive lol. It's a 92 and automatic if that helps, Thanks.

If you must stay diesel, what about a VW?
    Plenty of info available on this.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

How's the availability of the 3l or 5l engines there?
      Very popular swap in Oz (especially if you stick the turbo from yours on em)

Mike

Comment

Pretty well non-existent. What VW engine? The Jetta/golf is the only diesel VW here I can think of.

Comment

Pirate4x4 was the first thing relevant to you that came up in a toyota vw engine swap search.
          About 4 posts on the site there is a guy in BC who has done this and has posted up a pretty good write up, which I think is what you where looking for.

Do your vehicles laws permit petrol conversions?
          Lexus LS 400 for instance?
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

We don't have any laws that restrict us from doing engine swaps. I want something I can make quite a fair bit of power from and I want to stay with a diesel as it's really uncommon to see a diesel in anything smaller than a 3/4ton truck here.

Comment

Do you have access to workshop/engineering facilities?

The VW engines are easy to tune ie turbos intercooler pumps.
              You have a "modern" engine to play around with.
              You also have a relatively large source of engines from golf/jetta to look from.
              Best of all you would have a vibrant fan base to source from.
              In my opinion if I had to stick to diesel I would have VW at the top of my list.
              Hopefully someone can give some more diesel choices for you,especially engines that aren't going to weigh a tonne(literary).

But for ease I would fit an LS400 engine.
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
              X