2uz-fe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2uz-fe.

Anyone know of any wrecked Landcruiser Amazons (petrol V8 1998>) being broken up?
    I'm after a complete engine and ECU.

Ooh...new project?

Comment

Yup, this will be mine though.

Comment

Looked into the 2UZ-FE before buying the 1.

Part price and part (mostly) not enough help online

Looking forward to another epic thread. Will you end up adding it to your transplant service?

Comment

Can I ask why the 2uzfe?

I thought if you were building something nice you would have went for the 3uzfe.
          Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

Apart from the bore/stroke and cast iron block, it's not much different from the VVTi 1UZ.

If I can get hold of one, it will be going into the '01 3rd gen.

Have you seen Singingtoe's 3UZ/3rd gen transplant on Lextreme/Youtube?

He used a 2UZ from a Toyota Sequoia though.

Comment

Originally posted by M8WHR View Post
              Can I ask why the 2uzfe?

I thought if you were building something nice you would have went for the 3uzfe.

The 2uz is a torque monster which provides that torque at low revs.

The 3uz is a screamer like the 1uz.

Comment

Ah ideal, I think a lot of people ruin the 1uzfe by running twin 3" when it's just too big. I want as much torque as possible so will be sticking with twin 1.75's

Look forward to this coming together, if you have time.
                Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

Yeh, Torque is the down side to the 1UZ-FE. Not sure if it'll effect me in the real world...but it's down on many other V8s out there.

The 2UZ-FE seems to be similar in torque as the VVT-i 1UZ-FE (2: 311 lb·ft / 1VVT-i: 300 lb·ft)?

Looking at the wiki...the 3UZ-FE seems to have more torque! *confusing*

If the 2UZ-FE is the "Torque Meister" then wiki must be off (although it does seem to state torque at very different rpms).

Anyone fancy a W12 in theirs?

Comment

Thye 2UZ was specifically developed for SUV and 4X4 applications.

Comment

I have a brother-in-law that races stock cars as a hobby and he seems to have an endless supply of cheap small-block 350 Chevy V8s. All used of course.

I know it's a basic lump with 50-year old origins, but there is a lot of tuning kit available for them.

Ever thought of that lump, or is the gearbox interface too much of a 'mare?
                      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I'd imagine a Chev to Toyota transmission adapter would be pricey and besides, you have to keep it all in the family!

I do remember reading on Lextreme years ago that the 2UZ has weaker rods than a 1UZ, I'm not sure if that's the case though.

Also, I have a vague recollection of seeing a 2UZ with a factory sump pan that has front diff clearance meaning it might not need a body lift or sump modification.

It will be interesting to see whatever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jmc View Post

I do remember reading on Lextreme years ago that the 2UZ has weaker rods than a 1UZ, I'm not sure if that's the case though.

They're only weaker if you go for F/I.
                          JDM 2UZs have forged rods, so shouldn't be an issue for us anyway.

Also, I have a vague recollection of seeing a 2UZ with a factory sumpat has front diff clearance meaning it might not need a body lift or sump modification.
                          As I mentioned previously, it was developed for Tundras, 4Runners and Landcruisers, so there should be no fitting issues. Engine mounts will be off-the-shelf items too.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            As I mentioned previously, it was developed for Tundras, 4Runners and Landcruisers, so there should be no fitting issues. Engine mounts will be off-the-shelf items too.
                            Forged eh? Very nice!

Sounds like it will be the most "factory" fit yet and everything will just drop in with no issues

Comment

Working...
                            X