Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexurf II

...is very poorly

This thread is aimed mostly at Bushwhacker, questions for getting the old girl back up to full health, but any help is help

1] If you can remember, what was the reg of the donor Lexus? (for parts ordering)
    2] I've got left and right main bank oxygen sensor faults, what specific sensors do I need? (seems to be a huge range of the damn things. I can probably look it up with the donor reg)
    3] I also have RPM sensor fault, any clue?
    4] What is the black bit in the pic below called? I need a new one, it's cracked and she keeps throwing the hose off... Also, what's the grey/metal part behind it that it's attached to? (water pump, maybe?)
    5] What sort of coolant do I need to replace the lost fluid with? (filled with water to get me home )
    6] What does the connector just to the left of the highlighted thingy in the pic connect up?
    7] Any idea why the gearbox seems to hang on to a particular gear a bit too long? Loses a lot of power over a certain revs but wont shift unless I let off the gas. Related to the RPM sensor?

I'm hoping that clearing the engine faults will sort out the lumpyness when she's cold, and the high tickover when warm in N or P. The leaky brake cylinder and the rotten/split rubber boot on the front drive shaft I can do!

Any sort of help would be gratefully appreciated, I'm a bit clueless on anything more complex than a 1600 crossflow

I think that's the coolant inlet, bolted to the thermostat housing.

Comment

the circled bit is the water inlet and behind it is the thrmostat. i think if you go on ebay and look for lexus ls400 90-95 breaking that should be the right part and same if you ask for thermostat for 90-95 1uzfe engine. if you fill it with water 1st undo the 19mm hex bolt just above the red circle on the pic and fill it up there and once that is full then fill the rest from the cap on by your rad.

check your autobox fluid the dip stick is on the right as you look at the engine by the exhaust manifiold it should be labelled. have it in tick over and check the level. there is a cold and hot level but there maybe not enough period in it. sounds like it is in limp mode if loses power over a certain rev limit but could be wrong.

if you need bits for the engine then quote 90-95 1uzfe engine and you should be OK. im not sure if they are original toyota oxgen sensors or after market ones, i think he used the original exhaust manifolds so i guess they are OEM sensors. if you google it you should find many companies that do them i think they are £60 each??
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll have a look around for an inlet.
        It'll get me back on the road

Comment

Ahhhh My old girl!!

The engine plate from the donor car is on the bulkhead not sure if the reg is on there but the chassis number is what you need.

Comment

oh and the reg is J86 TBW

here is the link to the build!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58610

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
              oh and the reg is J86 TBW
              Cheers matey, that'll help.

Old girl? She's still listed on your details as yours...

Comment

I may have a couple of oriinal O2 sensors in the spares box if you want to try them first before lashing out on a new pair?

Also you may have same issue as number V, where I believe, the ecu is seeing a ghost signal from the O2 sensor and you ned to link out two pairs of wires at the ecu end.

Comment

Growler, that would be awesome. How much do you want for them?

Comment

Originally posted by White_Line_Fever View Post
                    Growler, that would be awesome. How much do you want for them?
                    I have no idea of the condition of these as they came with the truck when I bought it, although they appear to be in good condition.

How does £30 plus P+P sound to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X