My Surfs new HEART!!! Yay me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Surfs new HEART!!! Yay me!!!

So it has been a while since my last post but I have been a little busy.

I got so fed up with the incompetent people here in SA who can’t work on LN130 that I decided to go for a new motor. I did my research and homework and opted for the 1UZ-FE (non VVTi) with OEM management. It took 3 months to complete working from 6pm to 9 pm weekdays 3 days a week. Not too bad I think considering that it is the first conversion I have ever done.
    What I can say is that this was well worth the wait for me. I did not realise that it would be so easy considering what I had to do.

I removed the 2L-TE motor and Auto box, bought the 1uz-fe with its Auto, original wiring and ECU etc. Took my Auto in with the Lexus Auto to a gearbox centre where they basically rebuilt the Surfs auto box into the Lexus Auto. That was done to fit the transfer case. This bolted on with NO adaptor plates and so on. Did a 50mm (2inch) body lift. Fitted the new Auto box but had to put in a 50mm lifting spacer due to the body lift. Reconnected my original props, NO mods needed. A mate of mine helped me with the engine mounts, made from 10mm steel. Bolts down on the original mounts. Now for the wiring, I removed the 2L-TE ECU and harness. Separated the transfer case and front diff wiring and cut the rest out. Wired the Lexus Auto and engine wiring into the original plug from the 2L-TE as it was originally. Only difference is I fitted relays and fuse box etc. Had some assistance with the engine wiring but we got it working. Fitted the engine, fount the handbrake was in the way. Removed that and voila. It was in. Sent my original radiator in to have a filler cap installed, thermo switch and a proper service done. Got it back and fitted it as it was originally, fitted 2 x 12” 12v vans in the front of it. Relocated my battery to the other side of the engine bay. Installed an internal fuel pump.

This is just a quick breakdown of what was done but as you can see it was not that difficult. There is still some cleaning up to do, air-filter box to be made and so on but it is running for now. I want to make sure all the teething issues are sorted out before I tidy it all up.

Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome. Good or bad.

Please excuse the poor picture quality, was done with my phone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ali3n; 4 January 2013, 15:14.

Comment

is he allowed to call it a lexurf??
      or is that trademarked now??!! a lexlux perhaps?
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
        is he allowed to call it a lexurf?

NO!

Comment

Nice, do we get a video with some noise?
          Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

Well, It looks great from the pics, and you make it sound so easy in your write up...well done.Why don't you drive up here for some bundu bashing?!
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Eddleston View Post
              Nice, do we get a video with some noise?
              I am sure we can make a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
                Well, It looks great from the pics, and you make it sound so easy in your write up...well done.Why don't you drive up here for some bundu bashing?!
                Cheers
                If it was not so far I would have not even thought twice about it. I (or should I say my wife) took it out for a little fun 2 weeks ago at one of the 3 "terror" trails here in SA and all I can say is WOW. Well worth the effort, time and money spent. Reason for my wife driving was because I tore ligiments en my right foot the other day so I am unable to drive. For now. Hehe I will post a few pictures of that as well.

Comment

Working...
                X