yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for Vince & Lexurf owners regarding DVLA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for Vince & Lexurf owners regarding DVLA.

Hi Vince and all Lexurf keepers
    It's time for me to get #7 back on the road again now that I'm home. I haven't had a chance to play about in the truck at all this year but it's sitting ready to go, all nice and shiny. I just need some new tax & MOT.
    I still have to send the V5 in to the DVLA for amendment of the engine details and what I wanted to know is what you guys sent in with regards to the work carried out? Am I right in thinking they need some sort of letter or something?
    Reet pain in the arse!

Welcome home.

Fill in the details in the 'Change of vehicle details' section, you'll need the engine number and the exact CCs.

Then on a seperate piece of paper, explain that you changed the engine yourself and changed from diesel to petrol, the date you finished the work blah, blah, blah then sign it.

Thats all they asked me for, but I never got 'round to sending it off.

p.s. I'm sure I wrote the engine number on a piece of masking tape and stuck it on the screen, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      p.s. I'm sure I wrote the engine number on a piece of masking tape and stuck it on the screen, right?
      Did you write mine anywhere?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

No.

Comment

I'm sure I wrote the engine number on a piece of masking tape and stuck it on the screen, right?
          You sure do have some memory mate, that's exactly what you did and I copied it down at the time with all the paperwork. I have all the info on the V5 ready to post so I'll go ahead and send it off with a note like you say.

I had to get two new back bumper quarters even though mine where in decent enough condition at the beginning of the year. The lack of keeping them polished and free of dirt has meant they ate themselves away! Like pepper pots now. All the other chrome is spot on.
          Any recommendations for treating the back of the quarters before I stick them on?

Comment

I painted the back of my chrome bumper (2001 truck) with black Hammerite, three years on and still solid.

Make sure the back of the bumper is clean and bone dry first though.

Also, smother the nuts/bolts/threads with copper grease after you've fitted it to keep them in serviceable condition. I yet to remove a rear bumper and still have all the bolts intact.

p.s. The engine is 3968cc by the way.
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 September 2012, 01:22.

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
              Any recommendations for treating the back of the quarters before I stick them on?
              Can use wax/oil

Pete

Comment

Cheers lads

I'll Hammerite before I fit them and then waxoil once in place. Should keep the rust at bay hopefully.
                Really looking forward to using it again. Still makes the hairs still stand up on the back of my neck every time I start it hehe

Comment

Fill in the details in the 'Change of vehicle details' section, you'll need the engine number and the exact CCs.

Then on a seperate piece of paper, explain that you changed the engine yourself and changed from diesel to petrol, the date you finished the work blah, blah, blah then sign it.

Thats all they asked me for, but I never got 'round to sending it off.
                  I'm in the middle of doing this at the moment, done exactly as above (including sending in the donors V5C) and still got a letter back requesting one of the below:

a) receipt of purchase of the engine, on headed paper from a garage confirming Engine size (cc) and the fuel type for the replacement engine.

b) an inspection report from an organisation such as the AA or RAC (checked this and you're looking at £170)

c) an inspection report provided for insurance purposes

d) written confirmation from the engine manufacturer showing engine no. and size

and on top of it all they're not returning my documents until they receive one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
                    I'm in the middle of doing this at the moment, done exactly as above (including sending in the donors V5C) and still got a letter back requesting one of the below:

a) receipt of purchase of the engine, on headed paper from a garage confirming Engine size (cc) and the fuel type for the replacement engine.

b) an inspection report from an organisation such as the AA or RAC (checked this and you're looking at £170)

d) written confirmation from the engine manufacturer showing engine no. and size

and on top of it all they're not returning my documents until they receive one of them!
                    Well that sounds like the typical government circle fcuk.
                    I wish you luck.
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

@ kwakka666

I thought as much There's never an easy way to do something simple.

Regarding the inspection report. Is it just to confirm the engine and fuel type are exactly what you are proposing for the change?

What will you do yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post

Take the letter to your nearest Lexus dealer, (Parts department) show them the letter and the engine number and say you've changed the engine yourself, and just ask them to confirm that the engine number relates to a Lexus engine and confirm the CC's on headed paper.

See post #6 here......
                        http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25088

Or wait 'till you get the truck back as it will be MOT'd and insured as a 4.0 petrol anyway and send photo copies with the Lexus headed paper to DVLA.

Comment

Just wondered what sort of difference did it make to the insurance ???
                          Everywhere I go .... Im there

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
                            I thought as much There's never an easy way to do something simple.

Regarding the inspection report. Is it just to confirm the engine and fuel type are exactly what you are proposing for the change?

What will you do yourself?
                            All that they want to know is the engine cc, number and fuel type. The report from the AA is the cheapest of the inspections they do that note engine number (essentially something for insurance purposes).

Personally though I'm going to go to a family members garage and type up the exact same letter on fcuking headed paper

Failing that it's off to the Lexus dealership.

Comment

You are lucky that kind of coversion is illegal in France, and if someone was highly motivated to legally do it and re register it the work, time, money and patience to change the logbook would drive you round the bend.

So really guys they're not asking for jack compared to freedom, equality and brotherhood land of France

Comment

Working...
                              X