• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the Lexurf owners

I've been getting a vibration whilst cruising, not when I accelerate or
    slow down.
    I think its the angle of the rear prop.
    The output flange on the transfer case is a lot higher with the Lexus
    stuff in there, which on its own would'nt be a problem. I also have 3 1/2" of lift on the rear, which is where I think the problem is.

What I want to know is, how much lift you guys have?
    Anyone had similar problems?
    Still on a mission.

Can't say as i've noticed any and mine is running approx 2inch suspension lift.

Only thing is it also has a spacer on rear prop, between it and the diff which may help

Comment

Ok, thanks Andy.
      The spacer must be to help out the sliding yoke.
      With this conversion and lift I think the prop is a wee bit short.
      Still on a mission.

Comment

If I remember correctly No. V cam with a spare one if your interested ?

Comment

Check there are no splines on show, if you can see them then the prop definatly needs lengthening or the spacers fitted.

I've had to change props on my own and another truck with 4" of lift due to wear on the prop splines as they don't overlap much with that much lift and wear quicker, especially with extra load of big tyres or offroading.

Obviously check the UJ's first too.

To much rear lift without altering the radius arms can also cause vibes as the rear prop flange is pointing up more, the prop works best with the two flanges being parallel to each other. Usually needs to be pretty extreme to notice, but if other things arn't exactly right it be an issue.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
            If I remember correctly No. V cam with a spare one if your interested ?
            Thanks Andy, very kind of you to offer, but I dropped my spare prop off
            to get lengthened this morning.
            Still on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              Check there are no splines on show, if you can see them then the prop definatly needs lengthening or the spacers fitted.

I've had to change props on my own and another truck with 4" of lift due to wear on the prop splines as they don't overlap much with that much lift and wear quicker, especially with extra load of big tyres or offroading.

Obviously check the UJ's first too.

To much rear lift without altering the radius arms can also cause vibes as the rear prop flange is pointing up more, the prop works best with the two flanges being parallel to each other. Usually needs to be pretty extreme to notice, but if other things arn't exactly right it be an issue.
              There's no splines on show, only about 10-15mm of cover though.
              There's a bit of play in the joint when its fitted to the truck, if I close it
              up about 20-25mm there's no play atall, my spare prop is the same.

I took the prop off tonight and turned it round, fitting the short section
              to the diff and visa versa. There's a vast improvement, still not quite right
              but a huge improvement.

As you say Tony, the diff flange is looking up, meaning a much easier
              life for the uj and the sliding yoke with it fitted that way.

I should get the lengthened prop back in a couple of days, I'll see
              what its like then.
              Still on a mission.

Comment

Working...
              X