lexsurf to transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lexsurf to transmission

does the lexsurf converion hook up to the stock tranny?

Originally posted by kenglass View Post
    does the lexsurf converion hook up to the stock tranny?
    Auto trans?
    It does, but it won't 'communicate' with the Lexus ECU.
    I use the transmission that came with the V8.

Comment

Vince

In a second gen surf/4runner (passenger side drop) what transfer case and tail housing do you usually put behind the lexus tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by brotherdrummer View Post
        Vince

In a second gen surf/4runner (passenger side drop) what transfer case and tail housing do you usually put behind the lexus tranny?

The original one that was with the Surf.

Remove the tail housing from the Lexus trans and the Surf's transfer case adapter bolts straight on. You will need to drill and tap and extra hole to stop any fluid leaks though.
        Explained better with photos here.....
        http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showt...mont#post91240

Comment

thanks for the Info Vince, good stuff

So then you are using a vf1a transfer case and tail housing off of a a340f?

I have a a340h setup (hydraulic transfer case), can i use my tail housing and a vf1a or are the tail housings different?

and

I was thinking on keeping my my "shift on the fly hydraulic case" but i really don't think that its worth the hassle.

I will be keeping the ADD, but can't i just rig up a switch to operate this?

Do you have any pics that you could post of finished shifter configurations that you have done with this swap? This would shine some light for me
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X