Lexurf VIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
    Hmmm, think I've read that before somewhere....

Nice to see you've changed you viewpoint on H/X/kiss pipes now!

Yes you have.

I noticed you checked a few other threads about V8 exhausts on here too, are you any the wiser for it?

You must stop comparing Yank single cam multi-valve V8s for new Japanese multi-cam, multi-valve V8 technology.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 22 April 2012, 21:51.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Yes you have.

I noticed you checked a few other threads about V8 exhausts on here too, are you any the wiser for it?
      Nope.

and now you're freaking me out Big Brother... can't you go and watch Thrifty for a bit?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Vince, there's a black wire coiled up and tucked away in the center
        of the dash, its labeled oil. I know you told me what it was for when I
        was at yours, but my head was full of jolly Robins that day and I've
        forgotten. could you refresh my memory.
        Still on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazcam View Post
          Vince, there's a black wire coiled up and tucked away in the center
          of the dash, its labeled oil. I know you told me what it was for when I
          was at yours, but my head was full of jolly Robins that day and I've
          forgotten. could you refresh my memory.
          Ah yes, that was going to be for an oil pressure light in the dash. It comes straight from the sender on the oil filter bracket.

Comment

Hey Vince, what do I need to do to get the overdrive light working properly?
            Remember the overdrive off light is illuminated when the overdrive is on.
            Still on a mission.

Comment

Bumpity bump.
              Still on a mission.

Comment

Vince, any ideas?
                If you could let me know how its wired up I'll try and figure it out myself.
                Still on a mission.

Comment

Sorry Barry.
                  The O/D wire is connected at the small blue plug under the gear lever surround. There's four wire in there, two white ones that go to the O/D switch on the gearstick and the other two go to the dash/trans.
                  Try the O/D wire on the other coloured wire and see if that sorts it out.

The O/D is activated by applying 12v to that wire.

Comment

Sorry Barry.
                    The O/D wire is connected at the small blue plug under the gear lever surround. There's four wire in there, two white ones that go to the O/D switch on the gearstick and the other two go to the dash/trans.

Cheers Vince, I'll nip out shortly and give that a go.
                    Still on a mission.

Comment

Sorry Barry.

The O/D wire is connected to one of the white wires Vince.
                      I switched it to the other white wire, now the O/D works, as it did before,
                      but the switch just turns the light on and off, the transmission stays in
                      O/D regardless of the switch position.
                      Still on a mission.

Comment

The O/D wire is connected to one of the white wires Vince.
                        I switched it to the other white wire, now the O/D works, as it did before,
                        but the switch just turns the light on and off, the transmission stays in
                        O/D regardless of the switch position.
                        Connect it to the other coloured wire, not the white wires. I forget what colour it is now and I haven't got an auto Surf here to check.

Comment

Connect it to the other coloured wire, not the white wires. I forget what colour it is now and I haven't got an auto Surf here to check.
                          Ok, tryed it on all four wires now, the only wire to get a response from the
                          switch is the white wire it was first connected to(changes to a yellow/green stripe after the blue connector). The other three wires have no affect on the
                          switch, and the transmission stays in O/D regardless of switch position.

When connected to the white(yellow/green stipe)wire, switch in the O/D on
                          position, dash light off, this wire reads 12v and the transmission drops out
                          of O/D. Switch in the O/D off position, dash light on, this wire reads 0v and the transmission selects O/D, the exact opposite to what it should be
                          doing!

Oh, and the fuel pumps started whining its head off now, can hear it a good
                          15 paces away, I think it was ok till I filled up last night. Any ideas on that one.
                          Last edited by Bazcam; 4 June 2012, 19:37.
                          Still on a mission.

Comment

V8 conversion

Hi BUSHWHACKER
                            Sorry to jump in your thread trying to contact you on forum..
                            i have a toyota landcruiser hj60 would love a V8 conversion.

Would you be willing to do work....Please could you contact me if you
                            are willing to do work need advice etc dont now whare to start.

Many Regards
                            Traveller1041
                            evesham worcestershire uk

Comment

Hj60 v8 conversion

HI BUSHWACKER

Sorry to jump in like this just have been given advice to
                              look on hear as you maybe able to help My wife and i as we
                              would love a v8 conversion on our diesel toyota hj60.

If you are willing to help us or do the work this would be
                              great have been told you are the correct person for the job
                              we are in worcestershire uk.

If you could contact via here or i can post my email
                              address.

Regards
                              Traveller1041

Comment

Working...
                              X