speedometer signal interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer signal interface

just fitted the dakota speedometer signal thing and all works fine even though it only gives 4/5 the actual speed on the dash and to the ECU it is a lot better than 1/5 ! so all working now can see how fast i am going! ha!

also wired in the ect power button too as thats meant to help mpg i am told but cant really tell of the extra power seem to change gear about the same revs?
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

good to hear its working

i found the dakota stuff decent quality and easy to setup - does what it says on the tin.

mines very accurate using the dakota speedo/rev counter and it was a 2 minute job to re set it with different diff ratios. i use the signal from the speedo to run the ecu and the shift positions are pretty good.

only thing that worries me is the whole truck relies on the surf speed sensor in the transfer case - if it dies the truck dies. i keep a spare in the back and a 10mm spanner just in case

Comment

Good effort Dan!!

Me an Cal' had a monster session on mine today. We did both rear bearings, all the seals, then pulled the diff & swapped the ring and pinion to match the front (4.56:1).

Went for a cheeky test, basically went back here

Set up in the same position and basically jus turned in and drove up it, doesn't look much..but I know there's not a cat in hells chance it would of gone up that before @ that angle..awesome

Looking forward to more testing

Comment

good effort nick just need bigger tyres! haha! should try and make next week at the lakes!

finally the lexus dash is fully working speedo and all! as said its 4/5 the speed so 24mph on the clock is actually 30mph but hey

yeah Gary the dakota staff were good just emailed them to say what do i need to do and they emailed me exactly what to do! 10 mins tops to pop it in!

Last edited by dannyboy77; 16 October 2011, 22:21.

Comment

Good work Danny. Just need to get the fuel gauge working now.

Comment

haha very funny! £10 of fuel when light comes on just raises the gauge over the bottom line! but yeah think the ecu should be less confused now! what does the ECT power actually do? cant really tell any differance on or off?? or does it need to learn before i see a differance?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
              what does the ECT power actually do? cant really tell any differance on or off?? or does it need to learn before i see a differance?
              It works the same way as it does in the Surf's auto 'box, when in power mode it allows the engine to rev an extra 1000 rpm before the transmission shifts into the next gear.

Apply 12v to the pwr pin at the ECU to activate power mode It's 0v in normal mode.
              Yours might not have been working due to the ECU getting a confusing speed signal?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                good effort nick just need bigger tyres! haha! should try and make next week at the lakes!
                No chance of that, too much on at the mo' 'may' get to Bala on the 5th? Gonna get some 35's on this month..just researching which to go for

Comment

Working...
                X