O2 sensor readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensor readings

just a quick question to anyone who has a lexus engine in a surf or not really. what voltage do you get from the diagnostic port for the O2 sensors when idling and driving? just to see if mine is running rich / lean / OK? i know it changes lots as thats the EFi is constantly changing the fuel but i get reading of anything between 0.15 then 0.6 when idle and 0.3 to 0.6 when driving?
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

if my memory serves me correct that is just on the rich side. think the range is 0.1 - 0.9. if it is in the lower end of the range i belive it is rich. different cars use different ranges so i may be incorrect.
    www.apmautos.com

Comment

have you tried checking the sensors themselves - a voltage and resistance check will tell you if they are still in good order.

if the sensors are good the rest should sort itself unless you have other faults.

Comment

Dunno which sensors you put in Dan, but as i mentioned the only ones recommended to me were Bosch LS602 as they are 'planar' type.

I have just fitted them, so tell me what you want measuring and I'll measure

Comment

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/m...gensensor.html

Have you connected up an engine check light?
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 22 August 2011, 22:29.

Comment

sorry chaps taken a little out of context. the sensors work fine as they need to for the LPG conversion, i was just asking about the readings you get, as with the LPG you can program the ECU so it doesnt go below 0.4v (anything less and too lean) and 0.65v (when hoof it but not too rich)

i have different outlet manifolds to the stock ones so i have had to put in the below sensors as the thread is different.

the question was as out of interest question what readings are people getting off the sensors? as in idle if varies from 0.15 to 0.7 and similar when driving. are these normal parameters? to answer my own question i guess so if the lean / rich code isnt flashing at me . the check light does work i did wire that in and have called on it a few times! its just a PITA to figure out the flash sequence!

probably the question i should have asked is can the ECU be programmed to narrow its parameters to make it run more economically?

P.S. i have that site in my favs vince find it very useful!
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

@ the MOT mine would of 'almost' passed the CAT test..with no CAT's!!

CO was 0.26xx at idle (which was a pass), but creeped over at 2krpm. Makes no odds as he tested it on the pre-cat test anyways, but the fella could hardly believe it.

Still, nice as it is to know its running well (it was lambda 1 on the machine too) it doesn't bode well that i put £40 of juice in and other than running it upto temp in the garage, revving and general cocking about..i've actually driven not much more than 10mls..if that and the fuel light is on

It was a bone dry tank, and it is sitting down at the back an inch or 2,hope its better out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
                @ the MOT mine would of 'almost' passed the CAT test..with no CAT's!!

CO was 0.26xx at idle (which was a pass), but creeped over at 2krpm. Makes no odds as he tested it on the pre-cat test anyways, but the fella could hardly believe it.

Still, nice as it is to know its running well (it was lambda 1 on the machine too) it doesn't bode well that i put £40 of juice in and other than running it upto temp in the garage, revving and general cocking about..i've actually driven not much more than 10mls..if that and the fuel light is on

It was a bone dry tank, and it is sitting down at the back an inch or 2,hope its better out and about.
                It takes £20 worth to extinguish the low fuel light in a bone dry tank.

Comment

on the motorway at 70mph with a digital fuel guage you can watch the petrol money disappearing as you drive

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                    on the motorway at 70mph with a digital fuel guage you can watch the petrol money disappearing as you drive
                    Don't say that..lol..I got back from London when I bought it for around £40 if I remember rightly..around 200mls.

Can't be any worse of in the surf other than being a big ol brick!!

Comment

problem in the surf is the gearing - the diff ratios arent available tall enough to get economy on the m-way. 4.1 is the tallest you can get for an ifs front end.

work it out - ideal is a 3.54 or a 3.7 if you want to keep it zippy.

70mph is over 3000rpm with a 4.56(common in 2.4s) glug glug glug - bye bye economy.

a lexus is very tall geared hence the economy - but a surf running 4.56 makes you smile every time you floor it

Comment

Working...
                      X