Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    I'm just surprised you're home for such a long tine Andy!

And Henry...I'm feeling a frission of excitement too, and it's not my leaky bladder. When I got mine, I discovered one of my greatest pleasures, is starting it, with a bit of throttle, under a petrol station canopy. Your opportunity to do this in petrol stations, is a very regular occurence.
    I expect I am going to become something of a troll, searching out echoey dark places to start up (perhaps using the remote start feature thrown in purely for devilment by Vince... ) - petrol station canopies, bridges, the porches of old people's homes... Also having to go to work at silly o'clock in the morning won't be nearly so bad if I know that every neighbour within a five mile radius is now awake, and indeed has been shaken clean out of their beds...

Comment

• Scrubbed, sprayed and laquered plus a Walbro fuel pump, capable of pumping 255 litres of unleaded per hour installed.....(Good for up to 450bhp!)

Video of the engine running tomorrow with no exhaust! (it was too late in the day to fire it up earlier)

Comment

• How do you secure the fuel pumps in the tank?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Scrubbed, sprayed and laquered plus a Walbro fuel pump, capable of pumping 255 litres of unleaded per hour installed.....(Good for up to 450bhp!)

Video of the engine running tomorrow with no exhaust! (it was too late in the day to fire it up earlier)
          Oh my! Fingers crossed for the moment of truth... I really can't wait to see the moment of truth. And hear it

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            How do you secure the fuel pumps in the tank?
            I was going to ask the same thing, I assume the diesel tank is very different and doesn't have the handy mounting points for a pump...
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

• Hey Vince, is that what I think it is in the background of the fuel tank pic?
              Last edited by GBV8; 28 May 2011, 13:41.

Comment

• Fuel pumpy

Comment

• Is hanging it on a jubilee clip secure enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                    Hey Vince, is that what I think it is in the background of the fuel tank pic?
                    Sure is buddy.

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    Is hanging it on a jubilee clip secure enough?
                    I use proper fuel hose clamps, plus the pump has a rubber 'cushion' and rests on the bottom of the tank, it can't go anywhere.
                    The tank has a built-in swirl pot where the pump sits, and baffles to prevent fuel slosh and pump starvation when off-roading/braking/cornering etc. The outlet for the tank breather has a one-way valve it it to prevent fuel spillage if the truck should fall over.

Comment

• Another iceberg has just started to melt!

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a41...xurf6start.mp4

Comment

• Oh no!, does that mean that the sea levels will remain at exactly the same level as they are at just now?

Anyway, that sounds sweet. Where did the remote start come from?

Oh, I didn't wee or poo when I heard the engine, sorry...

Comment

• who cares - the bmw drivers will get wet feet before me

the remote starts neat vince - i had one on my last bike, its great fun scaring windae lickers just as they are about to put sticky hands and lips all over it

Comment

Oh no!, does that mean that the sea levels will remain at exactly the same level as they are at just now?

Anyway, that sounds sweet. Where did the remote start come from?

http://www.motorcaralarm.co.uk/node/25

Comment

• Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                              who cares - the bmw drivers will get wet feet before me

the remote starts neat vince - i had one on my last bike, its great fun scaring windae lickers just as they are about to put sticky hands and lips all over it

hehe!! This one works from 80 metres away.

Comment

Don't worry - I did!!! Sounds awesome - and loving the remote start! Thanks Vince - that has made my bank holiday weekend. Absolutely brilliant - excitement levels up yet another notch...

Comment

Working...
                                X