No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine was a £475 mot failure off e-bay - back end had severe tin worms.

if i was doing it again id buy a decent one with some mot left and drive it around before the surgery. reason being the rot-box i bought (unseen) needed £300 in engine parts to put it right.

decent engine though - quet, no rattles and bags of grunt.

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
      decent engine though - quet, no rattles and bags of grunt.

Comment

I have just noticed that mine was "MDBY".

Does this make me a dick?

Comment

mmmm MDBY

not sure but you could be heading for a career change as a bisexual doctor

Comment

Hi Vince,

I've been reading your post's on these great Lexsurfs you've been doing and have been inspired to put one of these fab V8's in my LJ70 I wanted to use the Auto and do a similar install to what you do, but as as the LJ's G-box is soooo tiny I would have to bolt the back axle straight onto the back of the T-box to make it fit So a manual set it will have to be. I have one question, what do you do about the vacuum for the ADD system? Do you use the Surf vacuum pump or pipe of a feed from the inlet manifold. Looking forward to seeing (and hearing) the end result of Lexsurf VI

Cheers muchly

Mark.......
            Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Hi Mark.
              I usually delete the vacumm part of the ADD, it makes it trouble free.
              Alternatively, you can just connect the pipe that normally goes the vac pump, to one of the ports on the inlet plenum on the V8.

Comment

Thanks Vince,
                Just bought a LS400 on e-bay, thats the easy bit done now to decide and order which adapter plate, flywheel and cluch, then make a new sump, surge tank, engine mounts.........

Mark...

Comment

If you are after a manual box, Castlemain hot rods (aus company but they ship) do a 1UZ -> R154 (supra turbo gearbox) belhousing and flywheel kit.

We used one of these when building a V8 supra

That said if the stock auto box is too big........
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Had a look at the Rod shop stuff, but it starts to get a bit expensive when you start adding all the bits up What do you think of this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Toyota/Clutches/auction-369821401.htm
                    Has anyone ordered anything from them?

Mark....

Comment

Yes as per my above post!
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

If you type thread hijackers into an IPhone, it suggests thread jihadists! You terrorists you...

Comment

Thought I'd better check.......

is the positioning OK Henry? The small vents are stepped so they have to go there anyway, but there's room for maneuver re: the scoop.
                          Didn't want to start cutting big holes in your bonnet unless you were happy.
                          If you could give me a yay or nay within the next ten minutes that would be great!

Comment

Looks good to me boss...
                            In fact it looks awesome!

Comment

what scoop is that in the middle? also how much work underneath is needed?
                              ***** Cheers Douggie *****

Comment

Do you think those vents will look alright going over the bonnet bump Vince? It is hard to tell from the photo because they sit a bit proud and the tape distorts the effect. You are the one looking at the real thing, so I am happy to let you decide. If you think they will look good, fine by me.
                                If you think they might not look great, then I am happy to get some alternative vents that can go in the usual position nearer the bonnet sides (after all it was only 20 quid for the scoop and vents combined).
                                The scoop position is perfect. And it is ever so shiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X