Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ jmc!

It's MOT'd and ready to roll!

First traffic light victim claimed on the way back for the test centre, a BMW 520.

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    First traffic light victim claimed on the way back for the test centre, a BMW 520.
    Oh yes

Comment

Woohoo! So, what's next on the agenda?

Comment

Become a florist?

Comment

Vince

What can I say? I can't thank you enough for giving me my Surf-grin back.

I honestly never thought I'd see my old girl on the road again, never mind running so well and with such care obviously taken whilst in your hands.

She didn't miss a beat on the way home, even with me playing silly buggers with the loud pedal. I now have a very unhealthy petrol / noise habit.

It was lovely to meet your family and be made to feel instantly welcome. Hopefully it won't be the last time!

I'm off out to make some more money explode in the best possible way...

Comment

Get a room you two...it's unhealthy.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jmc View Post
              What can I say? I can't thank you enough for giving me my Surf-grin back.

I honestly never thought I'd see my old girl on the road again, never mind running so well and with such care obviously taken whilst in your hands.

She didn't miss a beat on the way home, even with me playing silly buggers with the loud pedal. I now have a very unhealthy petrol / noise habit.

It was lovely to meet your family and be made to feel instantly welcome. Hopefully it won't be the last time!

I'm off out to make some more money explode in the best possible way...
              Marvelous, it's been....er....epic!

How many miles/kms did it do on that full tank?

Comment

350KMs to a full tank of super, and that's with a fair bit of "exuberance".

I actually got a round of applause off a couple of pedestrians when going under a railway bridge yesterday!

Think I'll be falling out with the neighbours soon, unless it's warm there's no way of starting it quietly

Comment

Excellent!
                  Thats about the same as a 2.4 diesel then.
                  Try starting it in the mornings with the cold start injector plugged back in, you shouldn't have to touch the throttle pedal then.

Comment

New discs, pads and calipers today. She definitely needs 'em with all that extra oomph!

Vince - the cold start injector doesn't seem to make much difference to be honest. If it's cold, you need a tiny bit of throttle and to let it tick over for a minute before moving off, but when it's up to temperature the starter barely has to move.

I've been using it for work daily though and couldn't be happier. 20 miles each way, a combination of A roads, dual carriageway and motorway; just eats them all up.

Oh, and as well as the BMW you "saw" on the way back from the MOT, you can add a rather low-slung Golf GTi that got the shock of his life at the lights the other day...

P.S. All my friends keep asking for a drive, and those that remember her from the diesel days (all those years ago) can't believe their eyes or ears!

Comment

Originally posted by jmc View Post
                      New discs, pads and calipers today. She definitely needs 'em with all that extra oomph!

Vince - the cold start injector doesn't seem to make much difference to be honest. If it's cold, you need a tiny bit of throttle and to let it tick over for a minute before moving off, but when it's up to temperature the starter barely has to move.

I've been using it for work daily though and couldn't be happier. 20 miles each way, a combination of A roads, dual carriageway and motorway; just eats them all up.

Oh, and as well as the BMW you "saw" on the way back from the MOT, you can add a rather low-slung Golf GTi that got the shock of his life at the lights the other day...

P.S. All my friends keep asking for a drive, and those that remember her from the diesel days (all those years ago) can't believe their eyes or ears!
                      Good to hear that it is running well. Did you get standard discs/pads etc?

Comment

Yeah, all standard on the brakes from roughtrax. With less weight at the front it should pull up just fine. I'll find out once they're bedded in.

Yep, she's running great which is nothing short of a miracle after the years of abuse, particularly in the wiring department!

Gets a bit toasty if I have to sit in traffic after a motorway run but nothing to worry about. Maybe considering an expansion tank in future to beef up the cooling a bit. Mine doesn't have any lift whatsoever though so the sump capacity is down to about 4.5l (to fit around the steering), which doesn't help I'm sure.

Anyone seen a dry-sump kit for these engines?

Comment

Happy days. Feel free to post some noisy video to keep us all drooling...!

Comment

Working...
                          X