Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning engine plastics

Mainly for Vince, but open to all.

What's the best, not necessarily the easiest, way to clean and then protect engine bay and engine plastics?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

I just scrub them with hot water and Fairy liquid, let them dry mist with diesel and rub off the excess so they stay black and clean looking.
    Silicone spray does the same thing but it's sticky when wet and dust sticks to it.

Comment

Never thought about diesel, I tried WD40 in the past, but it was never successful.

Have you ever had any success cleaning the likes of opaque washer bottles or overflow tanks?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Never thought about diesel, I tried WD40 in the past, but it was never successful.

Have you ever had any success cleaning the likes of opaque washer bottles or overflow tanks?

A couple of Steredent tablets in hot water.

Comment

turtle wax to a tyre shine its a clear liquid in a plastic spray bottle.its about a fiver from halfrauds,but is also great on plastics,by far the best thing ive ever used to dress tyres and plastics and it also last for ages.10 out of 10 in my books.compared to other brands ive used.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
          X