Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an1mal's Hilex Surf..

Jus bagged this

Apart from the locks, he says the clocks can be a bit hit & miss..s'posedly a common fault with these.?

Looking to mooch down and grab it on Sunday..quite excited

Its all your fault Danny..!! If you hadn't of revved your truck at Bala..

nice!!
    shame to break it
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I R comming to yours every day with a camera for this transplant, gotta get it documented !!!one!! lol

Gratz mate, really looking forward to the transplant I'll pass spanners and make tea too !

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

will those seat fit in a discovery?

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
          Hehe and are they water-proof?
          Given Landys are as water tight as a colander.. he he sorry been at the tiger-beer tonight.. oops

peace
          cal

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
            Hehe and are they water-proof?
            Given Landys are as water tight as a colander.. he he sorry been at the tiger-beer tonight.. oops

peace
            cal
            you swine, im on call till sunday and could do with a drink.

Comment

you swine, im on call till sunday and could do with a drink.

Then I shall buy you that drink on sunday sir!

Band is playing at the cottage loaf saturday btw

peace
              cal

Comment

Then I shall buy you that drink on sunday sir!

Band is playing at the cottage loaf saturday btw

peace
                cal
                whats the vodaphone signal like it the cottage loaf? if its good then i may call in

Comment

nice!!
                  shame to break it
                  serious.?

I R comming to yours every day with a camera for this transplant, gotta get it documented !!!one!! lol

Gratz mate, really looking forward to the transplant I'll pass spanners and make tea too !

peace
                  cal
                  No worries dude, will be muchley appreciated

dim clue, if they do tho, they're yours..

And to everyone else thats looked..sorry for the disappointment re:the title..lol..no hilex to see here...yet

seriously, Tax on the 400 runs out this month, Tax on the truck is Oct. So I'm thinking of taxing the 400 and running it for a while then when Oct' rolls round put the truck in the garage an start pulling it to bits..crazy setting deadlines when you've never done the job before but an 'premature estimation' would be early 2011

Comment

whats the vodaphone signal like it the cottage loaf? if its good then i may call in

Think it's fine, might have a couple myself too oO

peace
                    cal

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
                      Jus bagged this

Apart from the locks, he says the clocks can be a bit hit & miss..s'posedly a common fault with these.?

Looking to mooch down and grab it on Sunday..quite excited

Its all your fault Danny..!! If you hadn't of revved your truck at Bala..
                      sorry about that but you know its worth doing it!

more power and front diff locks let see if you can brake the whole front drive train and the TC!

well count me in to lend a hand when you do it! have all the FSM wiring diagrams and other stuff to help you out!
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                        sorry about that but you know its worth doing it!

more power and front diff locks let see if you can brake the whole front drive train and the TC!

well count me in to lend a hand when you do it! have all the FSM wiring diagrams and other stuff to help you out!
                        That'll be awesome Danny, cheers..

So I went to get it on Sun, its as you'd expect from a £400 motor. In hindsight, I rekon I've been told porkies however. Flickering clocks, a common problem on the mk1's apparently , but not as easy-a-fix as a "dodgy earth". From what I've read a few capacitors need replacing on the circuit boards inside the clock unit, so i've got those ordered..packs of 10 too, so if others develop the same fault, giz a shout (providing the fix works).

Secondly, the guy pointed out a blow from the exhaust & said he'd just put a new manifold gasket on & it hadn't sealed proper, "I'll knock you a nifty off for that mate" (hence the £400 motor), so I never gave it a second thought. I've now learned that the EGR pipe splitting is also a common fault. I've not investigated, so I'm not thinking he's a tw@ yet, but it does seem the most probable.

Other than that I'm pretty chuffed with it, a couple of things dont work (which surprised me being a 'yota), the electric seat belt height adjuster, electric steering column adjuster & the memory function on the seat.

I've already ripped the airbox down for some induction goodness..might cut some silencers out of the exhaust, or slip a pair of cherry bombs in whilst I run it round

Comment

you could wire the engine form scratch its just a lot harder you only really need the engine loom and i just kept all the wires because i was a cheap skate and didnt want to buy new ones haha! from the engine loom you probably keep 5% of it!

as far as relays are concerned its easier to buy them and the holders as the lexus ones are moulded for the car and cant really be reused

the EGR you blank off anyway and the manifold can be closely examined once th engine is out

the exhaust system on the lexus i bought was rusted to hell! it fell off rather than unbolted off!

dont get to attached the lexus you wont want to take it apart otherwise haha!
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Sup Nik, have you made a start yet ?

peace
                            cal

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                              you could wire the engine form scratch its just a lot harder you only really need the engine loom........!

It's not that hard really, 12 wires spliced into the loom near the ECU is all it needs to get it running and changing gears, 3 of those are earths.

You just need a 4 way fusebox, two 30a relays (ECU power and starter circuit) and a 30a changeover (five pin) relay for the fuel pump.
                              I wire the fuel pumps so they only work when the engine is cranking, then the relay switches over to constant running when the engine starts and the charge light goes out. This way the fuel pump will shut off if the engine stalls.

Comment

Working...
                              X