Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some info on cambelt change

Hi
    Anyone got a guide to changing then cambelt on a 3.0ltr surf. I've got one arriving from Milner on monday and still can't find the info on fitting it.

I do all the other servicing on my surf but I'm just a bit wary of doing a cambelt without any tension settings or info on timing marks.

Cheers people...
    Jue

Its really easy, just pop the plastic cover off, there is only two pulleys and a tensioner, the tensioner needs squeezing shut slowly in a vice, then a pin though a hole to hold it in place, the pulleys have marks on them and on the back cover to line them up OK, plus the belt has marks on it as well to make it idiot proof.

make sure everything lines up, you need it tight between the cam pully clockwise to the pump pulley, so the lines on the belt line up with the pulleys and the back plate marks. then pull the pin from the tensioner to set the tension.

Check the tensioner pulley bearing carefully, if it has any play or noise when you spin it change it as well.

Its easier if you remove the vicious fan.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks, you've helped the confidence

Thanks for that info, its helped the confidence level no end. I was hoping it was as easy a job as some people made it out to be.

I'll be fitting the new belt at the weekend if the weather is ok.

Comment

Truckbitz

Was it as easy as Tony made out im thinking of doing this myself and just wondered - did you come across an issues while changing it?
        "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

Comment

Its that easy on my 4runner! so easy I did my own, then reset the dash indicator by pushing a pen in the hole near the speedo! absolute doddle the easiest ive ever done!
          THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by crazybitch
            Its that easy on my 4runner! so easy I did my own, then reset the dash indicator by pushing a pen in the hole near the speedo! absolute doddle the easiest ive ever done!
            Err does the cover come over the bottom pulleys without removing them then?

Comment

Originally posted by mgzt
              Err does the cover come over the bottom pulleys without removing them then?
              You don't anywhere near the pulleys on a 3.0. It only runs down from the cam to the pump.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X