how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much?

Hi, I've decided to change to a 3.0ltr manual. I have seen an M reg (95) manual, 17,267 miles with service history at £9,999 - is this reasonable?

At that price you can get a 3rd gen, So no its not a good price. The mileage sounds a bit iffy as well.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

If your looking at spending that much money, get a 3rd Generation. More power, and a redesigned head, so shouldn't suffer the dreaded "head overheating".

Comment

Price,s

Hi a price you pay for a vehicle is weather you think it is worth it or not, like my new toy in the "Toys for us boys" Post my mates at the garage think l am paying too much for it. But l have other reasons they dont know about yet, your price does seem steep for a 2nd gen l would want a 3rd gen for that sort of money, mind your l have one and it did not cost me half that. its up to you and weather the vehicle looks like a £10,000 car.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
          Hi a price you pay for a vehicle is weather you think it is worth it or not, like my new toy in the "Toys for us boys" Post my mates at the garage think l am paying too much for it. But l have other reasons they dont know about yet, your price does seem steep for a 2nd gen l would want a 3rd gen for that sort of money, mind your l have one and it did not cost me half that. its up to you and weather the vehicle looks like a £10,000 car.

Thanks everyone, I thought it was a bit on the steep side. Am I right in thinking that the 3rd gen start from 1996?

Comment

yep
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              yep
              Thanks, off on another search!

Comment

With that kind of price you should get a P or R plated 3rd gen
                have a good look around.I know you dont want a junker but you
                dont want to be paying over the odds.
                have a look what down here.
                http://www.ambcarsales.co.uk/surf.htm
                just an example
                Last edited by poppy986; 13 November 2004, 16:51.
                GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986
                  With that kind of price you should get a P or R plated 3rd gen
                  have a good look around.I know you dont want a junker but you
                  dont want to be paying over the odds.
                  have a look what down here.
                  http://www.ambcarsales.co.uk/surf.htm
                  just an example

Great selection and prices - much better than up here. I would love to have the time to go down South to look for a good one.

Comment

3rd Gen can be from 1995

You can get an N plate 3rd gen, from late 1995 onwards.

I know, because I've got one and I love it.

Comment

definatly get the 3rd gen very quick for for a diesel mines in sva today fingers crossed

Comment

I tried out a 1995 and 1994 2nd gen and a 1996 and 1997 3rd gen (the salesman was getting weary by this time!) and I could definately notice a difference between the way they drove. I was quite open minded about what to buy but in the end I bought the 3rd gen.

Comment

Working...
                        X