Tyre wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre wear

After my trip down to Newquay a few weeks ago I realised my front tyres have quite a lot if wear on then now, I had a closer look and it only seems to be on the outside edge. It also seems that my front wheels have quite a lot of camber which doesn't seem right for the truck.
    I've done maybe 1500-2000 mile since I put them on, all be it they wernt brand new when I got then but at the lowest point they're on maybe 10-15mm of tread which seems like alot of wear for the distance I've driven on them.
    Anyone have any ideas as too what it could be? It's seems strange that I've just noticed the amount of wear on the tyres and amount of camber so surely if it was the camber it would be wearing on the inside edge.
    Cheers for any help guys
    (Truck has 2"body lift, 2"sus lift and 33x12.5 bet ko2)

Sounds like it needs an alignment doing caster camber tracking
    Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Boo Crew View Post
      Sounds like it needs an alignment doing caster camber tracking
      2nd that

16+ Years of Surfs n 9 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks for that guys, that was my first thought when I noticed the camber. But can anyone explain why the tyres are wearing on the outside even though it's got too much camber?

Comment

Outer edge wear is normally due to "toe in", getting the realignment done should sort that out.

Just check beforehand that you ball joints aren't worn and causing the problem.

Comment

Check this out n good luck....
            https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=si...+Castor+&se=on

16+ Years of Surfs n 9 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X