Different flywheel weights for 1kz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different flywheel weights for 1kz?

Greetings from the US. I've finished my 1kz concersion on my 91 xtra cab a few years back and have been thoroughly enjoying it since. I've added an air-to-water intercooler, a pajero 4m40 mechanical pump, egt gauge, etc. etc. After recent tweaking of the injection pump and boost level, I'm making satisfactory power with safe EGTs. BUT.. my clutch is slipping under higher load/boost levels and I'm looking to fit an upgraded clutch soon. While I'm in there I'm debating on changing out the flywheel for an extra that I have that weighs considerably more. Like 35kg.. my question is

What years amd models surf/hilux/prado/hiace came with the extra heavy flywheels? I know there are the dual mass vs solid mass flywheels, but were various versions of the solid wheels available or have I ended up with an aftermarket/custom unit? The current one is still about 24-25kg but I'm thinking the extra weight will help upon take off and at highway speeds. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Also, it has "T555" on the inner face of the flywheel. Only markings I noticed.

Comment

Working...
    X