Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Auto #1 Solenoid replacement

Good evening everyone!

I have had the OD dashboard light flashing for the last few weeks, and a couple of days ago I noticed the I had to go up to 2500 revs to get the car moving, on Drive, first thing in the morning. Once hot it goes back to normal. All other gear changes normal.
    I pulled the OD codes as explained on here, paper clip touching Te1 and E1 in the diagnostic port, the OD light flashes code 62, #1 solenoid circuit fault.

So off to the friendly local Toyota dealership.

Part number is 85420-30200. However according to the Toyota database this has been superseded by part number 35250-50030, of which they had one in stock (pic attached). It's cylindrical while the old part was box-shaped.

It has a pin on one side and a mount on the other side.

Has anybody done this before? Is it just a matter of dropping the pan, removing the old one and plugging and bolting in the new one?

I have been looking online for pictures but not much luck.

TheAutoox is the A340F.

Cheers!

Edit: Sorry, the picture is a bit crap...
    Attached Files

Actually, I just found this:

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewt...10324&start=15

Probably the same as the Surf?? Would the #1 solenoid be the one on the right, on its own?

Comment

Update

I finally got the right solenoid n 1 for the 3rd Gen Auto. Now been replaced, reset the ECU by pulling out the ECD fuse from the fuse box (15 A) for a minute or so. Fault code has gone and I have first gear again!

If anyone has the same problem, the Part n. for the Solenoid 1 is 85420-21090.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X