Turning fuel pump up and turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning fuel pump up and turbo

Hi us it posible to turn the fuel up on a gen 2 also can the boost be turned up cheers

Both these things can be done but without changing the timing you are only playing with two legs of a three legged stool. I found upping the boost a bit was fine but soon as I play with the fuel without changing the timing the EGTs go way up for little or no gain.

Get a pyro, boost sensor and gauges before you do anything else or dont be suprised if that three legged stool falls over.

Comment

Cheers for the reply am going to look at getting some guagesbut how do i up the boost and to what setting

Comment

I can nevrr get any difference when i time my pump. The tcv seems to cancel out what i do!!!

Comment

For boost you need a boost controller inline from the turbo to the wastegate actuator. Small tube buried in the turbo side. Can be done with long pliers and fiddly fingering.

@james: have you tuned via the resistors on the pump? (im talking 3rd gen or TE engines here, not sure about the 2nd gen mechanicals) the grey and brown ones on the side. You swap them out for variable resistor pots and go to a rolling road. Get boost, timing and fuel tuned together and then take the ohm reading from the pot and buy a pair of toyota resistors to replace at that value. ( I say this last part as I want OE reliability on something so important, not a pot that can and will eventually start to crackle)

Comment

Cheers its my first surf so am just learning about them

Comment

google is your friend. I knew nothing about them 7 months ago, now I know next to nothing which is a whole lotta infomation. the old aus sites are a great mine and so is this site as an archive. Look out for posts from niftynev, t'weak and a couple others. They normally make good sense. The same names pop up over many forums and years.

Comment

I have a 2nd gen

Thanks for advice.

Im not after max power but would like to advance timing to get my rough idle on veg oil when warm ( but not hot ) sorted. When i fitted another fuel pump it had a duff tcv which threw a red light as the tcv was faulty and the timing was advanced because of it. It ran as sweet as a nut on 100% veg, and as soon as i fitted a new tcv it was lumpy again.

Sorry for thread hijack

Comment

Working...
                X