No announcement yet.

Anyone got an egr valve I can butcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also wouldn't the engine be way more sensitive to swirl in the chamber and air/fuel mix at idle? I would expect rough idle and stalling to be honest........ Are we sure nev didnt have it the wrong way round on that thread? Its closed at idle and WOT but open at cruise....... Which is what you would expect from every other EGR system in the world.

old thread:
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=77084

Comment

all engines that i've run into, close egr at idle and full throttle.
      my nissan has egr off at idle unless its been sitting idling for 5-10 minutes. its noticeable that the engine goes rough when the egr turns on.

i don't think toyota would bother because surf is done to older emission standards and its reduced the air flow even at idle. the amount of air makes a big difference to emission output.

you could always test it to confirm.

generally they use most egr at cruise. its a low power situation, the bulk of a car engines life is spent at cruise, so its an aera they want to target to reduce emissions.

Comment

Yep my thoughts exactly. I suppose a vacuum gauge is needed to prove it but His comments seem to come from having tested it with one and given what is a very odd result.

Comment

Working...
        X