Diff and other Oils Gen 2 vs Gen 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff and other Oils Gen 2 vs Gen 3?

I haven't managed to get a manual for my 3ltr Gen 3 but looking at a good service asap. I've searched on here but seen some variation so can someone give me a clear answer before I F^%$ it up!:

Are the oils and fluids for a KZN185 the same as for a KZN130? Engine oil and Dexron 3 for the ATF are the same given it's the same engine (correct?) but what about the diffs which is what I want to tackle first.

Does the front diff take different oil to the rear diff and where does the LSD fit in as I can see that being the main difference from my old Gen 2.

Apologies for the basic question, I'm due to head out of the country next Monday and want to get it done before I go.

Cheers,

T.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=201

KZN 185 tech data sheet
    Сви можемо

Comment

Don't quite know how move missed that after all this time!

Cheers,

Tom.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a supplier, ideally in Dorset, and what the average cost for 6 litres would be for the following:

Standard Gear 80W/90 Castrol Hypoy 90 LS Oil

I'm looking to change the diff oils this week.

Cheers

Tom.

Comment

I found this quite useful for the differing types of fluid and the interval between check.

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/ma...ceshcedule.htm

Comment

Did my rear lsd oil today. Those nuts were really hard to open.defo won't have been changed in a long time. I used this carlube stuff which covered the grade we need, and said fine for lsd's

Comment

Thanks for that - I think I've found some down here, hopefully collecting tomorrow.

Comment

Cheers! Need a new diff breather now, it looks ####ed, and it's probably what blew my oil seal

Comment

Working...
                X