Car turns over fine but wont start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks mate,

I think that i might well be going round in circles trying to sort this on the cheap with mates etc.. So i am going to get her towed to a local garage that specializes in Jap cars and see what they come up with...

To be honest, I just want to sell her on, but selling a non runner feels like a waste really.. She's loaded with extras and if i had the time i would break her up i suppose.. Frustrating as she was running so sweet and in my year of ownership she has been absolutely spot on.

I'll let you know what they say...

Comment

Well here's a link to the ECU pins should you need it. http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...%20pinouts.jpg

I'm assuming you have a 3rd Gen 3.0? Try and ask one of the boffins in here if they'll do the work on it. I'm not sure who, but I believe there's a couple of Surf mechanics here and they'll probably know more than your Jap garage.

Comment

No mate, it's a Gen 2...

I can't view that link I'm afraid

Comment

Nice ride

Comment

It would be if it was working!

Comment

Any word on this?

Comment

Well... I left it at the garage who basically stored it for a year... I now have it back at home but still no further down the line... I have a fellow from this forum offering me a pump, but I don't know how to make sure it's the right one... I'm going to pull out the old one this week and check numbs and hope they match.

I really want to get her running pronto... Any surf experts near Swindon/Oxford?

Comment

Does it have an after-market immobiliser fitted?

Comment

Ecu

Mine was a bad ECU. Replaced and worked perfect. Just wasn't sending the correct signal to the fuel pump. Diagnosed as fuel pump because no fuel at the injectors. Plugged in a new ECU and it started first crank.

Comment

The garage also suggested this as a possible reason mate... I guess i need to swap the ecu first really...

Comment

Working...
                      X