Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump removal on knz130

Hi
    Has anyone attempted this could they give some guidance to a novice.
    Do you have remove the timing belt cover?
    I would presume it needs bleeding when the new one is fitted, how do I go about this.
    It's a 92 3 lt turbo diesel.
    Thanks

Yep, timing belt cover needs to come off.
    There is a bracket at the back of the pump that secures it to the block.

The pumps are self priming so make sure your batteries have full charge in them.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply.
      I have the new one, there seems to be no bracket at the back? Is it in the area were the four fuel pipes come out?

Comment

Originally posted by Toonfireman View Post
        Thanks for the fast reply.
        I have the new one, there seems to be no bracket at the back? Is it in the area were the four fuel pipes come out?
        Correct.

Comment

Have located this,well here goes..sure I will be back, first time I have attempted any thing like this...bet it would be a lot easier with the engine out..have tried getting a macanic, they have all scratched thier heads..would be easy to scrap her..but I use her for launching the boat and the best one I have had.

Comment

I'm on a proper PC now so I can explain further.

There's two nuts securing the pump at the front, one is visible the other nut between the pump and block is under a piece of insulating foam. Just pull the block of foam out to get at the other nut.
            Then unscrew the large nut on the pump shaft and you may or may not need a small puller to 'push' the pump off, but usually a few stout taps with a small lump hammer should break the grip of the pump's tapered shaft and the pump can be lift out.

Some photos here that may help.....
            http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1kz-...p-swap.536516/

Comment

Hi
              I can see we're the clamp at the rear fits looking at the new one, what a bitch they must be to get at.
              LOL thanks for the link, looking at it and reading it, I wonder what the hell I am getting letting myself go n for.
              Thanks

Comment

Well got the old one off...not an easy task..the bolts on the back support were. Very difficult, hopefully new one fitted tomorrow, then the big test..

Comment

Does the wood ruff key, that's the wedge thing on the tapered spindle that fits into the timing pulley, does this need to be exactly replaced on the same position it came out, please let me know have the pump back, but not sure it's in exactly the same position.
                  Thanks

Comment

As long as the key is in the grove, flat side up it'll be fine.
                    Make sure the timing mark on the pulley is lined up with the mark on the engine casing before refitting the belt.

Comment

Thanks Bush..
                      All back together, all the electrica to the pump go on, but annoyingly have a black three push in connectot female,I can not find anywere to shove it into, it's not part of the pump wiring lume, but next to it it.
                      Spent an hour looking any ideas?,
                      I have looked for a photo of this side of the engine which may give me a hint can not find one on the site.

Comment

Working...
                      X