Another Head Gone Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Head Gone Advice please

Not been on here for a while due to ill health and lack of interest in things tbh. So hello again to all who remember me. The heads cracked on my 3lt 2nd Gen. whats the best kit to get. Been looking at the roughtrax one with all the gubbings with it. Is this the ideal kit to go for or not? Its pricey but I do like my surf and willing to take the hit if thats what it takes. Any info is muchly appreciated.

Chris

the roughtrax kits is really good stuff but you go with what you can afford just try to avoid Chinese on eblag
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Roughtrax kit ordered, will be here today. No cheap but suppose u get what u pay for eh

Comment

Have a look at my post off with the head". I think I put up a list of gaskets and seals that are not included in the kit.
        Get these before you start as it's a royal pain the the arse realizing they are missing halfway through the job.
        The roughtrax gear looks very good and it's still running well about 2500 later...
        The Surf is now the family daily driver as the Vauxhall "Crapira" is being sold, I couldn't rely on it to just work when it was needed!
        Last edited by Dobbslc; 11 September 2014, 14:04.

Comment

Did roughtrax do those extra gaskets? Got my kit today but dont know if I will get it fitted till next week tbh so plenty time to order more gaskets if needed. What I do need is torque settings and tightening sequence. Also one of my head bolt washers has went walkabouts so could really do with a spare one if anyone has 1 kicking about?

Comment

Comment

The head bolt washers come in the kit, if you got the full kit.
              You must use new bolts!
              The exhaust and leak off gaskets can be bought from Roughtrax but the waterway one's are toyota parts only.

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                Not been on here for a while due to ill health and lack of interest in things tbh. So hello again to all who remember me. The heads cracked on my 3lt 2nd Gen. whats the best kit to get. Been looking at the roughtrax one with all the gubbings with it. Is this the ideal kit to go for or not? Its pricey but I do like my surf and willing to take the hit if thats what it takes. Any info is muchly appreciated.

Chris

V8 it Chris, costs roughly the same if you do all the work yourself.

Welcome back by the way, have you got shot of that Dodge yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  V8 it Chris, costs roughly the same if you do all the work yourself.

Welcome back by the way, have you got shot of that Dodge yet?
                  Got rid of that dodge a loooong time ago and moved back to surfdom.
                  Had thought about V8 in it but way beyond my capabilities tbh.
                  As weird as it sounds a kinda missed this place. How may V8s u running around in now?

Comment

And here she is
                    Before

After

Comment

Very nice!
                      You not taking the egr valve off?

Comment

I've just noticed the top hose casting on the head doesn't seem to match the hose spigot. ( front right of photo)
                        I have just got home from the pub though so I'll recheck in the morning....

Comment

Its Alive!!!!! Woo Hoo keep on surfing

Comment

Working...
                          X