Tranny cooler hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny cooler hookup

I have a tranny cooler for my auto, and as both lines come out the bottom, it's not going to make a difference which line goes where.

Then I thought....what about running it in addition to the radiator. Duh!

I live in Canada....do I want it through the rad and then the cooler, or through the cooler and then the rad. And which is which on the 3.0 1kzte?

Thanks.

Usually best to go cooler then back into the radiator.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Makes no difference, cooler first, rad first, either will do, but as you live in a could place (sometimes) you definitely want to keep the rad in the loop.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Okay, appreciate those replies. Second question....do I need to do anything with the screw on fittings for the aluminum rad (tranny oil fittings).....thread sealer, or just screw on naked and leave?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunl View Post
          Okay, appreciate those replies. Second question....do I need to do anything with the screw on fittings for the aluminum rad (tranny oil fittings).....thread sealer, or just screw on naked and leave?

Thanks.
          Oil line banjos should have a sealing washer x2
          Threaded push on barb fitting would benefit from a thread sealant.
          Loctite 577 or 574 or similar would be my choice however any thread sealer rated for oil at 100'c 212 F will be ok
          Post up your pics for others to see.
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I have a tranny cooler for my auto, and as both lines come out the bottom............
            you need to have the outlet of the cooler at the top, otherwise you risk air staying in it which means the cooler won't work as well.

Comment

Thanks, appreciate that advice. They are a threaded, flared, push-on fitting.

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
              you need to have the outlet of the cooler at the top, otherwise you risk air staying in it which means the cooler won't work as well.
              Aren't coolers simply a tube with coolant fins attached all over it? In which case, the chances of getting an air lock in a tube with fluid coming in and out of it....slim to none?

Comment

Aren't coolers simply a tube with coolant fins attached all over it? In which case, the chances of getting an air lock in a tube with fluid coming in and out of it....slim to none?
                the crappy design ones.....yes. no air lock issues just crap cooling.

the radiator style ones are superior in cooling but do suffer from airlock issues if not installed correctly. just like a radiator it needs to have an air bleed point at the highest point, in this case the bleed point is also the fluid outlet.

Comment

Working...
                X