disc's and pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disc's and pads

Had new front disc's and pads fitted last week , after a bit of cross references with the Toyota part No's I ended up with Bosh disc's and Ferodo pads , cost
    £93.00 inc vat and the garage fitted them for £30.00 and tightened up my ac belt which was slipping, nice to have full air con this weather.

Looks like a bargain price Michael £30 labour

Any further problems with the cooling system?

Comment

cooling system - not losing fluid anymore, the old girl still starts ok though sometimes its a bit lumpy, could be a corroded glow plug? Certainly no white smoke (steam) just a bit of black smoke when I accelerate (which I do a lot).
      I was talking yesterday to a bloke in Tool Station who has been running his van for 7 months now after using the stuff I put in, he used 2 bottles and said that I should have done the same as my engine is a 3 ltr, but we'll see what happens.
      Just to add to this we are in the proccess of moving and have been towing my trailer (8ft x 4ft) full of heavy boxes to a storage unit 10 miles away 4-5 times a day over the last 3 days, using a lot of fuel what with the weight and running the air con but no heating problems.
      Also while I was out yesterday I had a couple of Avon all terrain tyres put on the front , the rears are still the originals from when I bought the truck about 6 years ago , though getting close for change now.
      Last edited by soramad; 29 June 2014, 22:13.

Comment

Working...
      X