yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended 265/70/16 Tyre Pressures for snow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended 265/70/16 Tyre Pressures for snow....

Hi all,

I'm off to Scotland tonight and it has been dinging it down with snow the last few days. Truck will be laden with two large dogs in the back, myself and partner and all our gear on the back seat.

Do you have any recommendations for tyre pressures baring in mind most of the trip to Pitlochry will be motorway till we hit the A9 which is always crappy and slow going this time of the year. Shap (M6) will be fairly well covered too.

Tyres are Runway Enduro 265/70/16 all round.
    Now it's time to play!

I'd keep them at normal motorway pressures (or loaded if the cars full), take a pump and only drop them if you get stuck...are Runway's remoulds? I should look it up but I'm feeling lazy lol. You don't want to heat them up running low pressures on a road the tread can come away from the carcass (as happened on the ford explorer some years back).

Comment

They aren't remoulds, i wouldn't ever buy remoulds for any vehicle.

I've settled on 30F/31R, i'll see how that goes.

Some tyre retailers are saying 32 all round but i've done that before and the ride feels a bit harsh at that or maybe my bushes are a bit worn.

I've got a compressor and accurate pressure gauge so i can go up and down with the pressures as i wish.

It's a fair old trek and i'm hoping the snow keeps away till i'm over half way which for me from Northampton is Carlisle, otherwise it's going to be a long night. Fingers crossed

Thanks for the reply
      Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
        They aren't remoulds, i wouldn't ever buy remoulds for any vehicle.

I've settled on 30F/31R, i'll see how that goes.

Some tyre retailers are saying 32 all round but i've done that before and the ride feels a bit harsh at that or maybe my bushes are a bit worn.

I've got a compressor and accurate pressure gauge so i can go up and down with the pressures as i wish.

It's a fair old trek and i'm hoping the snow keeps away till i'm over half way which for me from SNorthampton is Carlisle, otherwise it's going to be a long night. Fingers crossed

Thanks for the reply
        I don't know about snow, here when driving on sand I drop 1/3 of the psi. If the sand is very deep (IE: beach, permitted ones of course) I go as low as 13 PSI sometimes, depending on the load. Maybe soft snow is similar? Have a good trip.

Comment

Cheers
          Now it's time to play!

Comment

Working...
          X